Yahoo password change

mrmaxx

I just received notification that my password had been changed on Yahoo, however, it was NOT my account. I verified the source of the email to make sure it wasn't a phishing email and as best I can tell, it's not a phishing email. I'm not sure what to do. I forwarded a copy of the message (as an attachment) to Yahoo abuse, but I'm not sure what else to do!

I've never seen this before.... color me confused!

No Tracking URL provided, so no way to guess at much from this side of the screen beyond that it was some sort of phish and was sent out to a number of folks, addresses within a BCC: apparently.

Yeah... that's what I figured. Although when I reported it, it *did* report back to Yahoo. *shrug*

...Admittedly unlikely but it's possible that the person whose account it is added your e-mail address to their list of e-mail addresses associated with their Yahoo account. I vaguely recall another SpamCop Forum inquiry whose answer seemed to point in that direction as well but a search I did failed to find reference to it.

...Admittedly unlikely but it's possible that the person whose account it is added your e-mail address to their list of e-mail addresses associated with their Yahoo account. I vaguely recall another SpamCop Forum inquiry whose answer seemed to point in that direction as well but a search I did failed to find reference to it.

Well, I alerted Yahoo to this directly (forwarded a copy of the message in question as an attachment to their abuse department) as well as making a SpamCop report. With any luck they'll get it straightened out. I doubt that my Yahoo account has been compromised, but I suppose I could change the password just to be safe... something to think about, i guess. :)

Archived