[Resolved] Forward spam feature

sjtar

Hello,

I am trying to send letter with spam as attachment from my mailbox to submit address, but SpamCop mail server does not accept my letters. The error I see is:

Remote host vmx1.spamcop.net [204.15.82.27] closed connection in response to end of data

or

Remote host vmx2.spamcop.net [204.15.82.29] closed connection in response to end of data

I can submit spam via web form only. How can it be fixed?

I am trying to send letter with spam as attachment from my mailbox to submit address, but SpamCop mail server does not accept my letters.
Can you describe how you go about attaching the spam to your message to SpamCop? I believe it does have to be a MIME attachment, you can't just paste in the text.

-- rick

I agree with Rick. The iniial guess is that you've written some sort of scri_pt to handle the Forward and there's something wrong with the scri_pt and/or its output. Guess is made based on your provided error data that suggests that a simple e-mail client isn't involved.

I use Thunderbird 2.x, right mouse click on spam letter -> Forward -> Send.
Ok, the default for that action should be send as attachment. Are you seeing an .eml file in the attachment pane? (Presuming you do). Are you sending through an ISP's mail server? Somehow a 'terminating dot' or other premature session closure seems to have insinuated itself into the SMTP session and that doesn't sound like the behavior of a regular server.

Or maybe your ISP has found a new and bizarre way to block 'spam sending' (many drop SC submissions because they contain spam). You may be able to turn that off in your account settings if so but maybe that is not so common in those cases.

The messages were finally accepted, after several tries of mail server to send them. The problem is resolved. Thanks for help.
Thanks for the feedback - I wish we knew what made the difference but ... will settle for it (somehow) working now. :)

Archived