[Resolved] www/mailsc server farm problems - 3 Mar 2010

Wazoo

Yes, there is an unannounced problem with the www/mailsc.spamcop,net server farm. There is traffic both here in the Forum and over in the newsgroups with folks asking/complaining about it. However, nothing official from any of the staff has been made available at this point.

Although it doesn't seem to track with the stats graphic, newsgroup and Forum traffic of complaints/questions, a paid-staff response has been provided at;

There was an issue with DNS this morning. It was repaired at about 1 pm PST.

Also noting that an attempted spam parse/report failed yet again just now. 1555 GMT -5

As seen in another Forum section problem logging in/reporting, mailsc ... there other issues still floating around.

Would that also account for me receiving the following reporting account suspension email about 20 minutes ago (23:41 UTC)

In the 24 hours starting Wed Mar 3 03:27:57 2010, you have submitted over spams for processing, which exceeds our daily submission limit. No more submissions will be accepted. Your reporting account is disabled. Please reply if you are reporting spam in good faith and feel your account should be reinstated.
or have I done somthing wrong in submitting more than (blank) reports?

No, that's a separate issue, and we're working on it.

And in reference to those 'other' problems;

I don't know what caused the suspensions yet. However, at this point, I have reinstated users A - H of the group that got suspended. Still a LOT of users left to reinstate.

Mouse intensive. Lotta clicking and growling!

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

Based on time gone by, no further traffic, no additional complaints or questions, and just having submitted a number of spam with no problems seen, I am going to tag this as Resolved, un-Pin it here, and remove the Announcement item placed into each Forum sub-section..

I do this in spite of the lack of feedback from any of the paid-staff an the actual 'official' status.

Based on seeing a notice finally applied to the (logged-in) www.spamcop.net web-page, the Resolved tag has been removed.

Server issues

We are currently experiencing some issues with our servers whereby SpamCop accounts are being

suspended for no apparent reason. We are also seeing some intermittent DNS issues.

Engineering is working on both problems with a fix TBA. Don is notified of the account suspensions

and will reinstate accounts when the problems are resolved.

Our apologies for these unexpected issues.

Basically, repeating the content of Linear Post #5 .... no feedback, but also no traffic. Status note removed from the spamcop.net page. So once again, tagging this as Resolved, un-Pinning, removing other sub-Forum Announcements.

Archived