[Resolved] SC webmail broken/down?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Notice that the volume graph in the upper right is not working. Logged into the web page and the volume graphs there are also broken. Looks like another server problem.

Hope as much HW does not fried as last time.

Also notice that the last response to quick reporting was 1242 EDT - current time is 1428 EDT -0400

There are notes from Wazoo in the newsgroups indicating there should be intermittent server reboots, but that's all I know. I assume it refers to the webmail server?

Working on another application that resides on this server. I've

had to reboot a few times today to clear out a bunch of garbage,

pull in some configuration changes. I just realized that my

intended warning message meant to be posted a number of hours ago

didn't actually get sent. There may be one or two reboots coming up

in the next few hours, but it comes back up in about a minute or so.

Perhaps no one has or will notice, but ..... definitely wanted to

make sure Heidi knew it was going on <g>

Or maybe it was something else. In the wee hours this morning, anyway....

There are notes from Wazoo in the newsgroups indicating there should be intermittent server reboots, but that's all I know. I assume it refers to the webmail service?

It's been down for at least 45 minutes now for me.

I don't have a ng reader on my computer any more, so someone please see if they can post an alert in the SC newsgroup(s) ASAP.

I'm not clear if you're quoting Wazoo, or Wazoo quoting someone else (JT?).

That was a quote from Wazoo's postings on the newsgroups (he put one on several).

The time was 00:24, which I assume is ET based on my time zone, but I'm not sure. So it was over 14 hours ago.

Someone already posted in the spamcop.mail group (13:55).

Wazoo's reference to "this server" surely is referring to the SC newsgroup server, not to the CESMail server. They have different IP addresses, and I'm pretty sure they don't reside on the same server. Traceroutes appear resolve through two neighboring, but different IPs/routers at QualityTech.com.

16 79 ms 79 ms 77 ms ten1-2.core2.suw1.qualitytech.com [64.88.172.198]

17 76 ms 75 ms 75 ms gig13-2.zone1-gw1.suw1.qualitytech.com [64.88.172.106]

18 76 ms 76 ms 76 ms webmail.spamcop.net [216.154.195.51]

16 79 ms 87 ms 114 ms ten1-2.core2.suw1.qualitytech.com [64.88.172.198]

17 76 ms 77 ms 76 ms gig12-2.zone1-gw1.suw1.qualitytech.com [64.88.172.102]

18 106 ms 78 ms 79 ms news.cesmail.net [216.154.195.61]

So, this may just be a coincidence and have nothing at all to do with Wazoo's work/message/etc.

Wazoo hasn't logged on here in over six hours, and I'm not sure if my PM will get his attention (IOW, get sent off this system to a personal mailbox). Here's hoping. I've been relying on webmail since a major HD crash a year ago, so I'm not keeping local copies of my email messages. Maybe I should reconsider that.

DT

Hi, David,

...Sorry to hear you're having a problem. Please navigate to the "SpamCop FAQ" (link near top left of every SpamCop Forum page) and click the link labeled "I forgot my Password / can't login / other account problems."

...Sorry to hear you're having a problem. Please navigate to the "SpamCop FAQ" (link near top left of every SpamCop Forum page) and click the link labeled "I forgot my Password / can't login / other account problems."

...which is your way of suggesting that we (not just me) use the official Contact form found here:

http://mail.spamcop.net/contact.php

Unfortunately, after wasting time filling out the form and submitting the information, all you'll see is:

"Couldn't connect to server."

So, this action here is all we can do. I think that one or two of you guys actually has Wazoo's phone number, who in turn has JT's. Please call Wazoo, whoever can.

DT

Hi, David,

Steve,

Apologies if I misinterpret your post, but are you saying that the service should be back up now? I'm still getting:

A fatal error has occurred

Could not connect to database for SQL SessionHandler.

Details have been logged for the administrator.

When I try to connect to webmail.

Hi, David,

Since the mailserver at mail.spamcop.net is down, that link fails. (It'll come up, but you can't submit from it because the POST page can't link to the server.)

Exactly. I wanted to clarify to others here not to bother. (it's possible that Steve doesn't have a SC email account and didn't realize that his suggested remedy wouldn't work)
...Thanks, David, you are correct, I was just following the FAQ instructions! Also, you aren't the David to whom I was referring, but, rather, davidgarratt.

Also have had no access to my email for over an hour now. Same issue just going to webmail.spamcop.net (which I enter into my browser window each time I go) and getting:

A fatal error has occurred

Could not connect to database for SQL SessionHandler.

Details have been logged for the administrator.

Looking forward to some sort of post under 'news' about what the issue is? Many thanks!

It's been down for quite some time and I am sure that they are aware of it. The trouble is it's blocking 100% of my incoming trafiic as a result and there's no way of altering any settings to bypass the servers.

Been out working in the garden, getting ready for planting. Mail was working flawlessly at 11:00 CST daylight savings time, etc.

15:30 and it's still down.

Pretty cool. Now I have no excuse for not having a life. I'm off to the nursery to get my bedding plants for the garden.

over and out.

Archived