Sign in to follow this  
email_support

[Resolved] 05/07/2010 - reports of deferred mail

I am receiving reports of mail being deferred by our inbound mail servers with 4.x.x responses. We are investigating.

email-support

Four minutes too late to see Spamcop's support topic post. Nuts!

Since last night (about 8 hours ago), I haven't received any email through my Spamcop email account. I've sent several test emails using separate email providers and haven't received any of them, nor received any bounce notifications. I've successfully logged into my Spamcop account using both Thunderbird (IMAP) and the webmail service, neither show any new mail. Is the mail delayed? Is Spamcop's MTA down?

Thanks for any help,

-Scott

P.S. My friend is seeing similar behavior on his Spamcop account.

:) Merged by Farelf.

Four minutes too late to see Spamcop's support topic post. Nuts!

:) Merged by Farelf.

I am confused about the 8 hours ago -- I was seeing mail up through about 10AM EDT.

I am confused about the 8 hours ago -- I was seeing mail up through about 10AM EDT.

That was a rough estimate, it might have been that nobody sent me an email during that time too.

I am receiving reports of mail being deferred by our inbound mail servers with 4.x.x responses. We are investigating.

Added to the Announcement Forym section.

Here's another report. We are getting "451 qq internal bug (#4.3.0)" errors from mxin1.cesmail.net and possibly others. mx71.cesmail.net seems to accept incoming mail OK, haven't seen mail this morning processed by other MX servers.

No email is coming through spamcop as far as I can tell. I test with my yahoo account and no bounced messages or warnings came back from the servers.

Added to the Announcement Forym section.

Everything should be back to normal now.

Reminder: the mailservers were responding 4.x.x to inbound mail delivery. This is part of standard SMTP protocol and the sending servers are expected to queue and retry the mail.

Thanks to everyone who reported the problem!

email-support

Over the past few days (until today) I have not been receiving any mail from my personal account (raydragon[at]wyrm.com) to my spamcop account (raydragon[at]spamcop.net), nor has my partner (brwalker[at]spedex.com/brwalker[at]spamcop.net). We each did receive "some" today, but my mail server admin said mail was being delayed at the spamcop end:

May 31 09:30:15 wyrm sendmail[1988]: p4VDBw5Z001817: to=<brwalker[at]spedex.com>,

delay=00:18:17, xdelay=00:00:01, mailer=esmtp, pri=391659, relay=mx2.spamcop.net.

[64.88.168.71], dsn=4.2.0, stat=Deferred: 450 Delivery delayed temporarily (#4.7.1)

Thanks.

May 31 09:30:15 wyrm sendmail[1988]: p4VDBw5Z001817: to=<brwalker[at]spedex.com>,

delay=00:18:17, xdelay=00:00:01, mailer=esmtp, pri=391659, relay=mx2.spamcop.net.

[64.88.168.71], dsn=4.2.0, stat=Deferred: 450 Delivery delayed temporarily (#4.7.1)

Have you selected greylisting for your Spamcop account ?

If so you might see something like that.

Have you selected greylisting for your Spamcop account ?

If so you might see something like that.

I do(did) have greylisting enabled. I will try a while without it, and hope for the best.

Thanks.