IP 193.63.211.19 is blocked

Philip Colmer

For about the last 26 hours, 193.63.211.19 has been blacklisted. The reason given is "System has sent mail to SpamCop spam traps in the past week". Unfortunately, I'm finding that a bit vague to give me any sort of steer as to what I should be looking to fix.

I have submitted an inquiry to SpamCop to ask them for more info but, in the meantime, if anyone can suggest what I should be looking for, it would be appreciated.

I have read through the FAQ and tried to check that the likeliest causes aren't the case. For example, the FAQ says that NDRs sent after email has been accepted rather than rejecting addresses through the connection can be a cause but I've checked this doesn't happen.

Thanks.

--Philip

For about the last 26 hours, 193.63.211.19 has been blacklisted. The reason given is "System has sent mail to SpamCop spam traps in the past week". Unfortunately, I'm finding that a bit vague to give me any sort of steer as to what I should be looking to fix.

First all, welcome to the forum and thank you for 1. Wanting to sort the problem and reduce spam and 2. taking the trouble to read the FAQ and do some research before posting. It is very much appreciated.

I'm afraid I can't help very much. I have checked human reports for the last ninety days and there are none which means that your problems are being caused ONLY by spam-trap hits. These are top-secret and only the admins have access - when they reply to you they will tell you what TYPE of hits but no specifics that could identify the spam-trap.

Do you use any mailing lists that might be dodgy? Are all your opt-ins confirmed?

It may help you know that Ironport Senderbase shows a 114% increase in traffic from that IP in that last day. Can you explain that in terms of legitimate use? If not then a trojanned machine is most likely - typhoid-Mary lap-top owned by the chief exec? :)

Until the admins get back to you (and I think they are on Pacific Time but IMBW) then I hope this might be of some help in your quest.

Hi, Philip!

...First, I echo "Derek's" words of welcome and appreciation for your attempts at self-help. :) <g>

...Next, a suggestion: look near the top of almost any SpamCop Forum screen (such as this one) for a text entry box between a white button labeled "Search for -->" and a blue button labeled "GO." Type "System has sent mail to SpamCop spam traps" (including the quote marks) into the text box then click either of the aforementioned buttons. There are many SpamCop Forum "threads" that deal with this question and some may have suggestions relevant to your situation.

...Good luck!

193.63.211.19 not listed on the SCbl and SenderBase volume is 0. The server is currently off-line. Hopefully some staff member has responded directly to the member with any clues they are able to provide concerning spamtrap evidence without compromising same.

Archived