Boyfriend can't write me

Olga

Who can answer on my question "Why my boyfriend who has yahoo mail can't write on my ua.fm mail?

Spamcop blocked its like "spam"

Admin Editt: Suspicions are that the question with no facts has very little to do with the Greylisting function offered to SpamCop E-mail Account users. Extracting from the Topic it was Posted into and Moving to the BL Forum section. PM sent to advise of the action/movement.

Who can answer on my question "Why my boyfriend who has yahoo mail can't write on my ua.fm mail?

...Are you able to give us some more clues? Such as: what is the IP address about which SpamCop complains? What is the exact error message?

Generic question (actually already amswered in various FAQs, Wiki pages, and thousands of previous Posts and Discussions) ... so here's your generic answer ...

either ua.fm has their mail server(s) mis-configured and thusly wrongly citing the SpamCopDNSBL .... or the Yahoo server not identified in your query has been seen spewing enough spam to get itself listed on the SamCopDNSBL.

...Are you able to give us some more clues? Such as: what is the IP address about which SpamCop complains? What is the exact error message?

When I sent my letter to him I received answer:

From: MAILER-DAEMON[at]nm2.bullet.mail.ne1.yahoo.com <MAILER-DAEMON[at]nm2.bullet.mail.ne1.yahoo.com>

Subject: Failure Notice

To: fnowat2006[at]yahoo.com

Date: Thursday, October 7, 2010, 1:40 AM

Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

<holga1985[at]ua.fm>:

Remote host said: 550 Blocked - see http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?98.138.90.65 [RCPT_TO]

When I sent my letter to him I received answer:

Confusing. I read your Starting Post as "he can't write" ... but this Post seems to state that you are using the Yahoo e-mail servers in question ...????

Remote host said: 550 Blocked - see http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?98.138.90.65

And did you follow that link? The server at the indicated IP address was recently listed in the SpamCopDNSBL due to both spamtrap hits and user Reports. As said above, simply too much spam coming from that server. ua.fm has chosen to configure their servers to "block" incoming from that server, which is not the suggested way to use the SpamCopDNSBL, but .. it is their server, thus their rules.

Archived