Can't delete held mail via webmail

Over the past week, whenever I try to delete my held mail via webmail, the delete fails with this error message:

"There was an error deleting messages from the folder 'Held Mail'. This is what the server said: [CLOSED] IMAP connection broken (server response)"

This is the first time in years that I've had a problem with this process. I've tried Safari 5.0.3 and Firefox 3.6.13, both on a Mac. Any suggestions?

Hi, kgagne!

...Sorry to hear of your problem. Here is what I would suggest:

• Enter "There was an error deleting messages from the folder 'Held Mail'" (including the quote marks) into the text entry box between the white "Search for -->" button and the blue "GO" button near the top of nearly any SpamCop Forum page.
  • Click either of the buttons.
  • Peruse the SpamCop Forum "threads" whose links are returned.
  • If none of these address your problem or you still have questions after you've gone through them, please return here to inquire further.

Over the past week, whenever I try to delete my held mail via webmail, the delete fails with this error message:

"There was an error deleting messages from the folder 'Held Mail'. This is what the server said: [CLOSED] IMAP connection broken (server response)"

To me, those descriptions don't really marry up. If you're actually using the webmail inteface, IMAP is not involved.

Via the actual webmail interface at http://webmail.spamcop.net/ I just cleaned out my InBox, Held Folder, and emptied the Trash Folder with no problems.

Wondering if you might be talking about the VER interface found using the 'web interface' at http://mailsc.spamcop.net/ .. which involves a background connection between the Cisco/IronPort/SpamCop.net systems on the west coast and the CESmail systems on the east coast ???? Quite a different situation. This distinction needs to be cleared up, as the possible troubleshooting steps would be much different.

I'm actually seeing the same issue reported in the first post. I had cleared out my held email a few days ago and everything was fine (sorry, can't remember exactly when). I logged in today to check it (using the webmail interface through webmail.spamcop.net) and I get the same error when trying to either report held mail as spam, or delete it.

Unfortunately the error makes it look like it reported the spam and deleted the messages successfully, and THEN reports the IMAP timeout so I think I accidentally reported the same batch of 100 held email 2-3 times before I realized what was happening. Sorry about that. :o

I just tried to manually delete one message, and it worked-- so I tried 10, and it worked, 25ish worked, but when I went for a whole sheet of 100 it took a LONG time and then errored out, and I had the same number of messages. (so it didn't delete some of them, it just failed the whole operation)

Reporting 5 messages that came in since my last check worked ok.

Not sure if it means the servers are overloaded or if something needs to be looked into...

Archived