Sign in to follow this  
chrism

[Resolved] POP3 email collection broken

I have my Spamcop account set up to collect mail from my ISP by POP3 (because my ISP, Demon Internet in the UK, does not support mail forwarding). No e-mail has been collected for several hours now, but the "Configure External POP3 Servers" page in Webmail shows no errors.

I've reported the issue using the "Problem" screen in Webmail.

Chris

I don't receive a ton of mail on my POP3 account, but I can more or less confirm this. I've had mail sitting in there since 13:20 GMT (it's now 14:50 GMT); it never takes this long to POP off under normal circumstances. So the POP service definitely appears to be on the fritz.

Edited by ViRGE

I don't receive a ton of mail on my POP3 account, but I can more or less confirm this. I've had mail sitting in there since 13:20 GMT (it's now 14:50 GMT); it never takes this long to POP off under normal circumstances. So the POP service definitely appears to be on the fritz.

I can also confirm the problem for both popping YAHOO and GMAIL.

Last mail appears to have come in at about 7:41 US Eastern.

Is there anything more that we should do to bring the matter to the attention of the appropriate support person?

Regards,

Chris

Is there anything more that we should do to bring the matter to the attention of the appropriate support person?

We are investigating issues with inbound mail. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

We are investigating issues with inbound mail. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

The problem is fixed. Your inboxes should be filling up :-)

Thanks for your patience!

The problem is fixed. Your inboxes should be filling up :-)

Thank you - my pending mail has now been delivered. Thanks for the quick response!

Chris