[Resolved] Odd behavior during MailHost configuration.

Hi,

Due to some changes in my incoming main chain configuration I decided to completely purge my current MailHost settings and set it again from scratch.

The first problem appeared when I tried to register my primary mail server, where I read all my mails from.

After adding the address and provider name I received a confirmation email, forwarded it to address mentioned in the mail's body and I received a two e-mails from spamcop.net. Both with the same Date in headers and also with exactly the same Message-Id. One says:

Subject: Spamcop account configuration: success

Thank you for registering your mailhost ([name here]) with spamcop.

Second one:

Subject: Spamcop account configuration: error

Sorry, but SpamCop has encountered errors:

Headers not found.

To make my confusion bigger the new entry appeared in the MailHost configuration, but with the old name (before purge) and with all old IP addresses which are irrelevant to my mailserver anymore. I used the mutt to forward the original email from spamcop as attachment. I also placed myself as a recipient and all headers in forwarded email are left intact.

Best regards

Artur

Mailhosts belong to SpamCop, not the user. Once a host has been registered, all the users use the same host.

Purging your account of all your hosts didn't delete the host registration, it only removed it from your account.

When you re-registered your address, SpamCop may have added new information to the host, but no old information was removed.

We're aware of the two, contradictory, responses problem and a fix is in the works. You can avoid that by copy/pasting the configuration email into the URL provided in the form.

If you want to send me the current details about your host I will be happy to review the registration and make manual changes.

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

- service[at]admin.spamcop.net -

Archived