Are reports actually processed when sent to a @don.spamcop.net email address

weif

I am curious if reports are actually processed and sent on when the reporting addresses are "not-spam-sourceforgelist[at]don.spamcop.net?"

The prolific spammers from up0.net appear to select *unsubscribed* email addresses to seed their spam lists, then send unwanted messages several times a week to those users. However, when these messages are reported, the email address listed for reports on both the links in the message and the originating IP address is not-spam-sourceforgelist[at]don.spamcop.net

Hi, Keith,

...If you can find a Tracking URL that shows this and post it here, we'll have a better chance of being able to give you a helpful answer. Please be sure that that parse has been completed -- reports sent -- or canceled or too old to report. Thanks!

I am curious if reports are actually processed and sent on when the reporting addresses are "not-spam-sourceforgelist[at]don.spamcop.net?"
Yes. Those reports are sent and charged against the IP for blocking purposes.

All emails to addresses [at]don.spamcop.net come to me.

That particular address is a holdover from when users were reporting mail from SourceForge discussion lists they signed up for and I needed to warn them against it.

Now there is a spammer in that same space so I just filter the reports into a file and let the blocking list do its job.

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

- service[at]admin.spamcop.net -

Yes. Those reports are sent and charged against the IP for blocking purposes.

All emails to addresses [at]don.spamcop.net come to me.

Cool. Thanks for the information. I was just curious if this spammer was being ignored. It is good to hear that at least their poor behavior is putting them at risk of getting their IP blacklisted.

Thanks.

Archived