My Joke for today

Lking

A FTP account was compromised and spam distribution scripts were uploaded and executed. The password of the account has been changed. I have instructed the user of the account to scan their systems for any ftp password scanners (malware).

I have removed all uploaded scripts since the account was compromised.

I have killed all running scripts.

The spam distribution has stopped.

>

Report link

When I read the body I was feeling fairly good, an IP that really cares and provided more than an auto response. then I realized I had received 182 copies of this email! The TO: list varies and contains as many as 14 xx[at]reports.spamcop.net addresses. But spamcop.net reporting is not the only collector of spam to be hit. Also included are reportingspam[at]usfamily.net and some others.

There may be one more scri_pt to be removed. <grin>

Report link

When I read the body I was feeling fairly good, an IP that really cares and provided more than an auto response. then I realized I had received 182 copies of this email! The TO: list varies and contains as many as 14 xx[at]reports.spamcop.net addresses. But spamcop.net reporting is not the only collector of spam to be hit. Also included are reportingspam[at]usfamily.net and some others.

There may be one more scri_pt to be removed. <grin>

I notice that there are multiple "Reply-to:" headers in the offending email as well. I have no idea what good that would do, if any.

Archived