Relaying through my Domain

I receive email at my domain and have all of it forwarded to my home ISP email account.

I went through the mailhost config for the ISP email account first, then did the domain account (received emails for both that indicated "Spamcop account configuration: success").

But... when I report spam at the members.spamcop.net website, spamcop thinks the source IP of the email is my domain's relay IP, so I am not able to report the REAL source IP of the spam.

When I go back to the "Mailhost" web page at the site, it correctly lists the domain hosts and the relay IP, so I "know" that the configuration worked. Yet, spamcop still wants to report it (incorrectly) as the source IP of the spam.

Before I did the mailhost setup, ALL spam was being correctly reported (it would not interpret the relay IP as the actual spam IP).

Is this a problem with spamcop's configuration setup?

What should I do until it is fixed, if I want to report the spammer's IP?

I receive email at my domain and have all of it forwarded to my home ISP email account.

I went through the mailhost config for the ISP email account first, then did the domain account (received emails for both that indicated "Spamcop account configuration: success").

But... when I report spam at the members.spamcop.net website, spamcop thinks the source IP of the email is my domain's relay IP, so I am not able to report the REAL source IP of the spam.

When I go back to the "Mailhost" web page at the site, it correctly lists the domain hosts and the relay IP, so I "know" that the configuration worked.  Yet, spamcop still wants to report it (incorrectly) as the source IP of the spam.

Before I did the mailhost setup, ALL spam was being correctly reported (it would not interpret the relay IP as the actual spam IP).

Send your registered SC email address and a tracking url for one of the misparsed spams and we will see what is happening -- deputies <at> spamcop.net

When I go back to the "Mailhost" web page at the site, it correctly lists the domain hosts and the relay IP, so I "know" that the configuration worked.  Yet, spamcop still wants to report it (incorrectly) as the source IP of the spam.

Don't report spam until it gets fixed -- unless you just want to report spamvertized sites. Do write to deputies <at> spamcop.net and include your registered SC email address, the tracking url from a misparsed spam and any other details that might help us to figure out what is going wrong.

Ellen

Archived