SC not downloading from Yahoo

mrmaxx

I noticed I had not received any email from my paid yahoo account in a couple days, so I logged in to Yahoo and sure enough, there was all my email from the past couple days. I checked my settings in my email client and was unable to POP my Yahoo email, so I tried adding the "[at]yahoo.com" to my account setup in my email client, which is how it was set up in my SC account and I was able to download a bunch of email. However, SpamCop with the same exact setup was not. According to the Yahoo help page for Plus email, you aren't supposed to append "[at]yahoo.com" to the end.

I just went back a few minutes ago and now even GMAIL is having a problem. This is starting to seem more and more like a SpamCop problem. Anyone know what's going on? I'm paying Yahoo to allow me to POP my email and I'm paying SpamCop to download & filter it. I want it working! I don't care who's problem it is, I just want it fixed!

---- UPDATE ----

It appears to be fixed after removing the "[at]yahoo.com" and "[at]gmail.com" from my external POP accounts in my SpamCop setup. We'll see if it stays fixed.

---- UPDATE ----

It appears to be fixed after removing the "[at]yahoo.com" and "[at]gmail.com" from my external POP accounts in my SpamCop setup. We'll see if it stays fixed.

Yahoo have are making changes in Australia they removed "pop.yahoo.com.au" which we were told to use

SpamCop if it gets failures connecting stops trying (I believe)/ Removing and replacing resets the "pop"

Yahoo have are making changes in Australia they removed "pop.yahoo.com.au" which we were told to use

SpamCop if it gets failures connecting stops trying (I believe)/ Removing and replacing resets the "pop"

Hmm... I tried setting it up to forward my email, but I was waiting on the confirmation email from yahoo (had to click on a link in it before they'd start forwarding) but it never showed up... *sigh*

...It appears to be fixed after removing the "[at]yahoo.com" and "[at]gmail.com" from my external POP accounts in my SpamCop setup. We'll see if it stays fixed.
Check your Yahoo trash folder if you have your mail client account set for deletion from server after POPing (as most would) - reported in some quarters that's no longer happening but routing to the Yahoo trash folder instead, for (whatever period) retention. A work-around suggested by one user is to change the mail client configuration to "retain" on the server for the minimum period (1 day, whatever) after POPing. That apparently bypasses the subsequent routing to trash.

May only be Yahoo UK, I don't know.

Archived