[Resolved] Webmail down?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is completely screwed. I can now login to my spamcop email account, but it's BLANK!

When you say "blank," do you mean that you're not seeing even the webmail interface (buttons, etc.)? That's what's happening on one of my two accounts, and Email Support asked me to send them my SC email address (see the other two official topics on today's outage--this topic was from the previous outage).

DT

Why is this topic marked RESOLVED?

All the mail messages received prior to sometime yesterday morning IS GONE, including the folders.

For one thing, what happens if we try to run filters that are set to migrate messages to subfolders?

This is a major and ongoing failure. SpamCop needs to take an ALL HANDS ON DECK FIRE TEAM approach to this, and right now.

Otherwise, don't hope for this part of the business to continue beyond the time the outward exodus is done.

I don't know if it's related to all these recent problems, but as of today, I noticed that whenever I delete items, they no longer to to the Deleted Items folder, but are gone permanently. Same goes for reporting spam in the Held Mail folder. I checked my settings and they are correct for where deleted items go and drafts, etc.

Why is this topic marked RESOLVED?

Because *this* topic is from the Sunday/Monday outage, *not* the current one. That outage was resolved early Monday morning (US EDT) and so a forum moderator marked it "RESOLVED." When the new outage started, a new topic was started by a user, here:

Webmail down AGAIN?

http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=12046

and then an official thread was started by "email_support" here:

Email system outage

http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=12045

thereby making posting in this already-resolved topic not such a helpful thing, as it has now led to your confusion. Far better for people to use the more current threads, IMO.

DT

[at]jslicer - you might want to contact a Mod to have your user name's email part taken off, unless you like getting spam. This forum is visible publicly to all Netbots.

Maybe they should also lock resolved topics.

Sunday/Monday is now Tuesday/Wednesday. The system is partially non-functional and our data and its storage structures are lost in space.

The issue is not about customer "confusion" as you put it, it's about a major ongong failure and below minimal news on the status and ETA of the fix.

Sure, close this topic, which may or may not be related to the ongoing failure, and we'll use the other(s), but seeing the [Resolved] at the top of the topic list is a bit off putting.

Sorry for not smiling.

Maybe so, but I don't think that's been part of this forums procedures/policies.

DT

The issue is not about customer "confusion" as you put it, it's about a major ongong failure and below minimal news on the status and ETA of the fix.

The *bigger issue* is certainly the system failure, but I clearly addressed the issue you raised about the "RESOLVED" status, and IMO, continuing to use a "RESOLVED" topic instead of the multiple "fresh" could be confusing to people.

Sure, close this topic, which may or may not be related to the ongoing failure, and we'll use the other(s), but seeing the "Resolved" at the top of the topic list is a bit off putting.

I don't think they "close" topics here, so let's all simply stop posting to this topic and use the others, and this one will gradually scroll down the list of messages in this forum.

DT

<snip>

Maybe so, but I don't think that's been part of this forums procedures/policies.

<snip>

...Thanks, DT, you are perfectly on the mark! I will often flag topics as "Resolved" but almost never mark them "Closed." In my view, it is not my place to stop discussion in a topic and there have been valuable posts in topics after they have been marked "Resolved," in some cases to indicate that the problem was not resolved. As you say, in this case, the problem reported in the original post to this topic was resolved and someone chose to enter a post about a new problem that had many of the same characteristics of the first but (as far as I know) was not otherwise related. I am sorry that people are confused.

Archived