error You have failed to configure your own mail h

Here is an error I get for some spam after I submit it. My email MailHosts are already set up - correctly. I use many virtual email addresses, ex: steve[at]mydomain.com, points to nospam[at]mydomain.com,etc. I have many email addresses all for the same domain name. spam cop is POPing "one" address off my Server, that all email addresses are funneled through. Same domain, same Mail Servers.

After Pop and filter, then Mail is forwarded to an address on the Server that I POP

with my email client. Works well except for the error messages.

error:You have failed to configure your own mail host, from which you pop mail

Mailhost: ????????.com ( 2xx.xx.xxx.xxx )

Please correct this situation - register every email address where you receive spam error:No IP found

Here is what spam cop says on the MailHosts add hosts page:

"You only need to register one address per service provider. SpamCop doesn't need to know if you have more than one address at the same place. "

So, why am I getting this error? Doesn't seem like this MailHosts is working completely right yet. This happens on "fast reporting".

Thanks for your comments,

Steve

An "almost happy" Cesmail/Spamcop User user. :rolleyes:

The error sounds like you have not configured the first address you should have registered, the one you describe as "then Mail is forwarded to an address on the Server that I POP with my email client."

If this is not the case (which I assume it isn't because you mentioned this error occurs only some of the time), you will need to email deputies<at>spamcop.net with your spamcop email account and probably the tracking URL or report ID for one of the failing messages. They have asked that the subject contain the word mailhost for tracking purposes.

Good luck

Archived