An email I can't get rid of!

I have been receiving this email that is sent to me by me!

I have reported it to spamcop and now it comes again using even my spamcop email address.

It just has a link in it which I have never clicked on.

Just wondered if anyone has had such an experience.

How do I get rid of it?

If I block it I would be blocking my own address so I'm just stuck with this idiot.

I have not put any other date in this message as I'm not sure what would be needed.

Thanks

LarryB

Unfortunately, there isn't anything you can do but ride it out and hope the spammer stops forging your email address as the "From" on his spam, which they usually do pretty soon.

Reporting the spam when you get it is the best you can do.

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

- service[at]admin.spamcop.net -

Unfortunately, there isn't anything you can do but ride it out and hope the spammer stops forging your email address as the "From" on his spam, which they usually do pretty soon.

Reporting the spam when you get it is the best you can do.

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

- service[at]admin.spamcop.net -

That is a shame as I've been getting them for more than a year!

I would really like to nail this person.

At one time the email was sent to 2 of my friends that I email as a CC that has stopped so far.

Thanks for the reply

LarryB

If I block it I would be blocking my own address so I'm just stuck with this idiot.

Thanks

LarryB

1st report it as spam through your SpamCop account

Reporting spammers is your first and best defense (attack)

A program called MailWasher is available free that easily reports your spam to SpamCop account. You leave your email client off. MailWasher announces when you get email and spam is marked for reporting before you download legit email (program shows safe text of email).

Once done you click a button for your email client or go to your WebMail account

(don't even open spam it can infect your computer if not in plain text mode)

Do NOT use MailWasher to bounce email which is bounced to the spammers bogus "From:" field

Not sure why you are worried about blocking email with you in the "From:" field?

Unless you send email to yourself.

1st report it as spam through your SpamCop account

Reporting spammers is your first and best defense (attack)

A program called MailWasher is available free that easily reports your spam to SpamCop account. You leave your email client off. MailWasher announces when you get email and spam is marked for reporting before you download legit email (program shows safe text of email).

Once done you click a button for your email client or go to your WebMail account

(don't even open spam it can infect your computer if not in plain text mode)

Do NOT use MailWasher to bounce email which is bounced to the spammers bogus "From:" field

Not sure why you are worried about blocking email with you in the "From:" field?

Unless you send email to yourself.

Thanks for your insight and you are right, I should not be worried about filtering that email out. I have installed

a filter with spamcop and we'll see.

I will check mailwasher out. I use Mac Mail and an iPhone so I assume it will work with both.

Love your city by the way and my son and daughter-in-law are there now near Coogee Beach.

LarryB

I will check mailwasher out. I use Mac Mail and an iPhone so I assume it will work with both.

Love your city by the way and my son and daughter-in-law are there now near Coogee Beach.

LarryB

Hope they enjoy it, nice place, I like Bondi Beach better though

Sorry MailWasher is a Windows app

Archived