Mail down

Please, support, do you have any idea how long this is likely to take to resolve?

Thanks,

Chris

Where is the response from them? I wonder if mail that is going to my domain unlimitedsounds.com and then being automatically forwarded to spamcop,net is being lost??

its almost 2PM... any other email host would have this resolved by now or at least switched out to another feed so everyone is back online!

Just got a phone call from a friend of mine to tell me that emails he had just sent to me were bouncing back....that shouldn't be happening.

If that is the case, it is quite concerning, even for a relatively casual user like me. That counts as "lost email" in my book.

I sent my SpamCop address two different emails from two different accounts, over 20 minutes ago.

So far, I have gotten no bounce messages at the originating accounts.

:fingers crossed:

Not all "bounces" are equal. There are "bounces" that mention the inability to connect to a server, which is probably all that has happened up to this point--those aren't considered "fatal" bounces. The ones that are more problematic are ones that return codes in the 500s, such as "user unknown," etc. I doubt that any fatal bounces have been generated by this outage.

DT

I gave up waiting and moved my mail filtereing to GMAIL. GMAIL has a nice setup where I can do what SPAMCOP is doing and all mail says it comes from my main domain and all is filtered...

I just need to move my folders from SPAMCOP to GMAIL and I am good... I hope this works out OK :)

If that is the case, it is quite concerning, even for a relatively casual user like me. That counts as "lost email" in my book.

I sent my SpamCop address two different emails from two different accounts, over 20 minutes ago.

So far, I have gotten no bounce messages at the originating accounts.

:fingers crossed:

Now over 2 hours and no bounce messages yet.

The system is back up but a day's worth of spam is missing in action along with emails I know I should have received.

The Email System news states: We discovered and resolved a problem earlier today which was delaying delivery of inbound mail to user mailboxes. No mail was lost and all mail is being delivered.

I trust that means lost mail is being retrieved?

Edit: Posted this in all the relevant threads in the hope a SC person answers. What's happened to Wazoo I wonder?

The Email System news states: We discovered and resolved a problem earlier today which was delaying delivery of inbound mail to user mailboxes. No mail was lost and all mail is being delivered.

I trust that means lost mail is being retrieved?

I've been seeing mail trickling in consistently over the last hour.

Is anyone here noticing problems with SpamCop pulling email from external POPs? Mine have stopped working since the DNS issue today.

Mine are working except for Gmail where I am getting invalid password

Is anyone here noticing problems with SpamCop pulling email from external POPs? Mine have stopped working since the DNS issue today.

Yes. There is more info in this thread.

On "Options > SpamCop Tools > Configure external POP servers." page, have been seeing "Unknown error: 10" every 15 min or so on all accts with mail pending for pickup since webmail service came back up about 1800 -0400. And NO email being picked up from external server via POP. Have verified that I can successfully POP from server for my external accts using a local POP client. Only SpamCop POP pickup service is having problems. Filed problem report about 2100 -0400. Still waiting for a resolution...

-- EstherD

Archived