Mail/dns issues

EXACTLY.. That last time this was down for a LONG time, I had to GOOGLE SEARCH and FOUND THE FORUM.. I would not have known otherwise... today I had to search again to find the notice and forum posts..

I have given up.. I moved my domain to filter through GMAIL. We will see how this works. Once spamcop is back. I will move my folders over and am done I think... We'll see....

This is not the way to do business....

Same Here

I am moving

All we have heard is the problem is with ZONEEDIT. At this point we do not even know what the status of our email that we have yet received.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Email actually received will be there when the service comes back. Email in flight will usually get retried - assuming that the sender gets an error due to the outage. You will probably not lose anything, but it may be some hours before things get caught up.

My advice is to redirect your mail now if you can, and worry about mail sent earlier once the system is up.

I can't speak for others, only myself, what has me very concerned is the increase in both outages and the duration of the outages in recent years.

It is my great hope that I will not be "painted into a corner" thereby forcing me to investigate alternatives.

J

IMAP is back from the dead. Everything is present and accounted for, though new email isn't coming in yet.

I tried IMAP connections using the web-based service at mail2web.com, but without luck, until I used their "intelligent login" option and let their servers decide what to connect to. I'm not sure if it was an IMAP or a POP3 connection, however, and it appears that over 12 hours of emails are missing right now. I tried using the same service (mail2web.com) to connect to my other SC email account (cesmail.net) and it didn't work.

DT

Oh, and BTW, I have even more reason to be furious at this point, in that I just submitted a job application and résumé 48 hours ago and am hoping to hear back to see if they want to interview me. It's possible that their response could be floating around "out there" in the messages that haven't been able to get to my SC mailbox, or even worse, that they received some sort of bounce message (even a 4-hour server down message, etc.), in that it's an IT job!

Please, "email_support," MORE DETAILS....NOW!

DT

It's unacceptable. Spamcop has "collected" all my mail last night and today (it's now 8:45pm here) but is unable to let me read it.

If the DNS has gone wrong, why am I seeing an SQL error? That doesn't make sense.

I can see the "spam" it's hived off today (which I don't want to see) but not the day's e-mails (which I do).

been a member for years, have recc'd SC to many folks. But this is it -- I'm done. Issues happen, but the half-hearted communication to customers has finally broken me down.

as i was during the recent outage and long wait for restoration of past e-mail, i'm simply baffled by this. good customer communication is the cornerstone of any business, and should be job #1 in any company offering internet services.

I can login to webmail now, but none of my new mail is showing there (yet?)...

Also, there is no 'news' on the opening page. And if you click the link to the separate news page, there is an error message "Couldn't connect to server."...

I was wondering that too.

The system is back up but a day's worth of spam is missing in action along with emails I know I should have received.

The Email System news states: We discovered and resolved a problem earlier today which was delaying delivery of inbound mail to user mailboxes. No mail was lost and all mail is being delivered.

I trust that means lost mail is being retrieved?

Lack of good customer service. No notice of any kind about the outage where people can find it (SpamCop Email System News, the "main webpage" www.spamcop.net, or the Forum Announcements).

SpamCop/IronPort doesn't seem to care about keeping their customers informed. Or maybe they want to stop providing filtered e-mail service?

OR - as I said early on in one of these posts - maybe they're more concerned on working on fixing the problem. Sheesh, people. Give 'em a break. No one's perfect.

True, but you must not have been around during the many previous outages to watch the lack of information. Communications is NOT their strong suit (the two guys in Georgia, that is). Of course, the "California crew" isn't much better, as evidenced by their orphaned/abandoned Facebook group named "Spamcop friends and users." If you have a Facebook account, search for that group and you'll see what I mean...

DT

True, but you must not have been around during the many previous outages to watch the lack of information. Communications is NOT their strong suit (the two guys in Georgia, that is). Of course, the "California crew" isn't much better, as evidenced by their orphaned/abandoned Facebook group named "Spamcop friends and users." If you have a Facebook account, search for that group and you'll see what I mean...

DT

I think it's safe to assume at this point that we're someone's personal side project, rather than being something Cisco/Ironport actually cares about.

I think it's safe to assume at this point that we're someone's personal side project, rather than being something Cisco/Ironport actually cares about.
...Again: SpamCop has nearly nothing to do with and, IIUC, absolutely no control over the workings of "SpamCop e-mail" (CES). They are entirely separate operations, except insofar as they cooperate in allowing "SpamCop e-mail" customers to use SpamCop's reporting service and perhaps some of the revenue from the $30 per CES e-mail account.

I have not yet received all of my mail. Likewise for a relative's email account. (People that know how to contact us in ways other than email have asked if we've received their emails.)

I expected (hoped?) either the sender would have received a bounce by now, or the sending mail server would have retried at intervals, and should have met with success already...? But neither has happened... yet...

Most people have only my email address for a contact, so I have no way of knowing how many emails I have not received. Where would they go if they haven't bounced or been delivered?

(Note: These emails are either forwarded from another account to Spamcop email, or sent directly to my Spamcop email address. Not POP'd.)

Archived