Strange problem

For some odd reason, whenever I have been away from my computer for awhile, I am 100% unable to pull up any message bodies from SpamCop. completely repeatable. I can switch to messages I've already downloaded or switch to another IMAP account, but SpamCop won't budge until I shut my email client all the way down and restart it.

Is this a SpamCop problem or a problem with my email client? I'm using KMail 4.8.1 and KDE 4.8.1 on Fedora Linux 16. Just wondering if this is a KMail issue (not that it would surprise me) or a SpamCop issue? Does anyone else have an issue if they stay logged into SpamCop via IMAP for several hours? This is a relatively recent development, which is kinda why I'm leaning towards a SpamCop issue.

For some odd reason, whenever I have been away from my computer for awhile, I am 100% unable to pull up any message bodies from SpamCop. completely repeatable. I can switch to messages I've already downloaded or switch to another IMAP account, but SpamCop won't budge until I shut my email client all the way down and restart it.

Is this a SpamCop problem or a problem with my email client? I'm using KMail 4.8.1 and KDE 4.8.1 on Fedora Linux 16. Just wondering if this is a KMail issue (not that it would surprise me) or a SpamCop issue? Does anyone else have an issue if they stay logged into SpamCop via IMAP for several hours? This is a relatively recent development, which is kinda why I'm leaning towards a SpamCop issue.

I use IMAP thunderbird on my win machine and whatever the email client is on my ipad and stay logged into multiple accounts for days/weeks and do not see the problem you are having.

I use IMAP thunderbird on my win machine and whatever the email client is on my ipad and stay logged into multiple accounts for days/weeks and do not see the problem you are having.

OK. Thanks for the info. I am pretty sure my email client is flaking out, but the funny thing is it ONLY happens on SC. Then again, I'm not staying "logged into" my other IMAP account. I'll have to try that tonight and see if SC works and the other IMAP doesn't. :D

Archived