Mailwasher

hrm911

I'm trying a program called mailwasher, It has a spm reporting optipn that uses spamcop but when I select Spamcop I get this reply:

You must enter your unique SpamCop reporting address. Please visit www.spamcop.net for details.

I am already registered for spamcop. How do I get my unique SpamCop reporting address?

Thank you.

Anyone hav experience with Mailwasher?

I am already registered for spamcop. How do I get my unique SpamCop reporting address?

Go to www.spamcop.net and login. On the web page above the area to paste your spam, you should see a line that starts: Forward your spam to:

The next section is an email address to use for reporting. Paste that address into Mailwasher and you should be all set.

Anyone hav experience with Mailwasher?

When you log in you will see your super secret SpamCop reporting address

Best way to stop spam is report them (make sure you have your mailhost set)

MailWasher is very good makes reporting easy

You can add Blocklists that effectively mark spam for reporting to the ones there

Mailwasher (Windows) allows you to add blocklists

Example

settings/Origin of spam/ push "add" button

Call it SpamHaus

in "Domain" box

sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org

You can add others as well

See this topic on the MW forums:

How To: Spamcop.net reporting for the new MW

http://forum.firetrust.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=10200

Note this caution there: For spamcop.net reports the "email Content" field must be blank.

The only big issue with Mailwasher is that it offers to bounce your spam back to the spammer which is not what it does. Instead MW sends a fake bounce message to the address the spammer has chosen to have it sent to. That can result in abuse complaints to your ISP for assisting the spammer in mailbombing an innocent third party and suspension of your mail account. DO NOT use the MW bounce!

Archived