Anti-Virus Reporting?

Hi,

Another "newbie" question that I can't seem to find the answer to through either the Webmail interface, searching the forums or the help files.

I understand SpamCop blocks messages containing Viruses as standard? I've not received any such messages yet, mainly because my ISP also blocks Viruses. However, if any such messages should slip through the ISP's net and be blocked by SpamCop... where might I find reports of these messages?

THose reports were disabled (last summer, I believe) during one of the large outbreaks. Spamcop's email server was being bogged down trying to deliver all of the virus received messages and disabled it. There was a posting once that since not many people were asking for it back, it has not been re-enabled.

I would think that this would be a jefft (email service) issue rather than a Julian (reporting) issue, so support<at>spamcop.net should get you the place to ask.

Hi Steven,

Thanks for the info. In no hurry at all to see these messages, so won't be requesting the features return anytime soon. :D

My ISP Telewest Blueyonder (UK) seem to think that sending reports is a good idea... thus I get no Viruses in my e-mail anymore, but 50 reports a day telling me they've blocked spam based viruses. In addition they give no facility to turn off these notifications - nice way to clog up everyones e-mail. I just filter them out as they arrive at my server now.

Thanks again.

Archived