Mailhosts Can't Verify Covad.net account

I have tried at least eight times unsuccessfully to complete a validation email for a Covad dsl email account. The following email processes as invalid because the codes do not match, but as far as I can tell, they do match. Can anybody help?

Delivered-To: ljlocicero[at]c

Received: (covad.net 27825 invoked from network); 23 Apr 2004 05:21:31 -0000

Received: from unknown (HELO spamcop.net) (206.14.107.103)

by sun-qmail10 with SMTP; 23 Apr 2004 05:21:30 -0000

X-SpamCop-Conf: TTB8FHOs8ObQu30I

X-SpamCop-Test1: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Received: from [67.101.79.16] by spamcop.net

with HTTP; Fri, 23 Apr 2004 05:21:33 GMT

From: SpamCop robot <mhconf.TTB8FHOs8ObQu30I[at]cmds.spamcop.net>

To: ljlocicero[at]covad.net

Subject: SpamCop account configuration email

Precedence: list

Message-ID: <wh4088a7ddg6fbd[at]msgid.spamcop.net>

Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 05:21:33 GMT

X-Mailer: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030624 Netscape/7.1 (ax)

via http://www.spamcop.net/ v1.3.4

Hello SpamCop user,

############

This email contains special codes and tracking information to help SpamCop figure out your specific email configuration. Do not post this email in

public. It contains confidential information related to the security of

your SpamCop account.

Is there some reason that you missed/ignored this paragragh?

Then there's the question as to whether you looked at;

http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=1096

or

http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=1081

Offering help is one thing, but when answers are already provided ...???

So that's the question I have for you .. are you saying that the help in these Pinned Items does not help to resolve your issue? If not, what's missing?

I have tried at least eight times unsuccessfully to complete a validation email for a Covad dsl email account.  The following email precesses as invalid because the codes do not match, but as far as I can tell, they do match. Can anybody help?

Delivered-To: ljlocicero[at]c

Received: (covad.net 27825 invoked from network); 23 Apr 2004 05:21:31 -0000

Received: from unknown (HELO spamcop.net) (206.14.107.103)

by sun-qmail10 with SMTP; 23 Apr 2004 05:21:30 -0000

X-SpamCop-Conf: TTB8FHOs8ObQu30I

X-SpamCop-Test1: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Received: from [67.101.79.16] by spamcop.net

with HTTP; Fri, 23 Apr 2004 05:21:33 GMT

From: SpamCop robot <mhconf.TTB8FHOs8ObQu30I[at]cmds.spamcop.net>

To: ljlocicero[at]covad.net

Subject: SpamCop account configuration email

Precedence: list

Message-ID: <wh4088a7ddg6fbd[at]msgid.spamcop.net>

Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 05:21:33 GMT

X-Mailer: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030624 Netscape/7.1 (ax)

via http://www.spamcop.net/ v1.3.4

Hello SpamCop user,

############

If you cannot return the probe successfully via email you can also copy/paste the complete headers and body text into a web form located here:

http://www.spamcop.net/mcgi?action=mhreturn

Have you tried that?

Yes, I tried to return using the url link and pasting the full message with headers. I tried returning the message as an email attachment to the reply address. I repeated using full headers and regular headers with no luck. I also repeated all four methods using different email clients to retrieve and return the message: Eudora Pro to "pop3" it and Covad webmail to send directly through their email web retrieval service --- twice each time, just to be sure.

I also examined the reported code mismatch and found that all three expressions of the code string looked identical to me. So the only possibility, that I can come up with, is that the analysis software is somehow not seeing all three strings in the same way.

The help I need is: How to fix it? Covad is my primary email account. My other pop3 mailbox (through a dial-up provider) sucessfully passed the analyzer. Why can't this one? Are there any other Covad dsl users out there that have tried and succeeded?

Yes, I tried to return using the url link and pasting the full message with headers.  I tried returning the message as an email attachment to the reply address.  I repeated using full headers and regular headers with no luck.  I also repeated all four methods using different email clients to retrieve and return the message: Eudora Pro to "pop3" it and Covad webmail to send directly through their email web retrieval service ---  twice each time, just to be sure.

I also examined the reported code mismatch and found that all three expressions of the code string looked identical to me.  So the only possibility, that I can come up with, is that the analysis software is somehow not seeing all three strings in the same way.

The help I need is: How to fix it?  Covad is my primary email account.  My other pop3 mailbox (through a dial-up provider) sucessfully passed the analyzer.  Why can't this one?  Are there any other Covad dsl users out there that have tried and succeeded?

I've asked Julian to look at your problem

Yes, I tried to return using the url link and pasting the full message with headers.  I tried returning the message as an email attachment to the reply address.  I repeated using full headers and regular headers with no luck.  I also repeated all four methods using different email clients to retrieve and return the message: Eudora Pro to "pop3" it and Covad webmail to send directly through their email web retrieval service ---  twice each time, just to be sure.

I also examined the reported code mismatch and found that all three expressions of the code string looked identical to me.  So the only possibility, that I can come up with, is that the analysis software is somehow not seeing all three strings in the same way.

The help I need is: How to fix it?  Covad is my primary email account.  My other pop3 mailbox (through a dial-up provider) sucessfully passed the analyzer.  Why can't this one?  Are there any other Covad dsl users out there that have tried and succeeded?

I've asked Julian to look at your problem

please send me the complete probe -- full headers and text body to the address in my sig.

Archived