Reporting problems today?

mrmaxx

"free" account here (but with a few $$$ thrown in via Paypal from time to time) - I've been seeing problems similar to those being described, e.g.

he proxy server did not receive a timely response from the upstream server.

Reference #1.1ebb58db.1341358501.a84bb60

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something is wrong.

I'm seeing huge delays in SpamCop's response, and another user has reported a "Gateway Timeout."

I'm alerting the systems guys.

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

- Service[at]Admin.SpamCop.net -

FWIW, I've been getting a "Gateway Timeout" on every submission for a couple of days. The "Report Now" link is present on my SC frontpage, showing that I've submitted something; but on closer inspection that link always points to the same URL (the same spam), even if I submit something additional. (BTW I'm on "free" reporting and I submit by using the web form, but not the one for Outlook/Eudora.)

Past Reports → View recent reports shows my queued spams, with their submission dates, subjects, and "No reports filed". Some of them are dated today (i.e. after this "Gateway Timeout" bug started happening) so they are indeed spam filed but not yet reported.

From where I stand (Belgacom Skynet of Belgium), www.spamcop.net resolves to 80.239.148.xxx (I've seen at least 171 and 144 as values of xxx on different tries); and I can get through except to the .../sc?id=... reporting pages.

This is a new development for me: less than a week old, but solid. And yet spamstats.png seems to indicate that there is still some reporting going on. :huh: For other people, obviously. Quick reporting, maybe? Or just lucky users with a fast connection path?

I suppose your "system guys" can debug this themselves, but (considering the problem is solid with me) if they want to contact me, I'm available.

My last spam was processed at 12:40PM PDT. From then on, ~8.0 hours now I get:

Gateway Timeout

The proxy server did not receive a timely response from the upstream server.

Reference #1.1cf66e3f.1341373325.c99156c

Every single time. It's now 8:56PM PDT

I wish I had some hope to offer, but we haven't gotten to that point yet.

We're dealing with a huge problem. The engineers are on it, but the solution has eluded us so far.

Sorry for all the trouble!

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

- Service[at]Admin.SpamCop.net -

From my end, it's looking hopeful that the team working behind the scenes have made some progress getting things back to how they should be, and agree that what (if anything) they choose to share is likely to be of a limited nature.

I wish to report - with a sigh of relief - that I've managed to complete reporting several spams that I'd forwarded earlier in the day.

From my end, it's looking hopeful that the team working behind the scenes have made some progress getting things back to how they should be, and agree that what (if anything) they choose to share is likely to be of a limited nature.

I wish to report - with a sigh of relief - that I've managed to complete reporting several spams that I'd forwarded earlier in the day.

No luck from my end. At that's all day?

Last attempt

Gateway Timeout

Reference #1.acc1093d.1341386007.5e4d79d4

I've been having problems with reporting for the last week or so.

Gateway Timeout

Reference #1.14f83d17.1341396216.5b02983e

My traceroute

TraceRoute to 184.86.254.160 [mailsc.spamcop.net]

Hop (ms) (ms) (ms) IP Address Host name

1 Timed out 0 0 206.123.64.42 -

2 0 0 0 64.124.196.225 xe-4-2-0.er2.dfw2.us.above.net

3 0 0 0 64.125.29.121 xe-3-0-0.er1.dfw2.us.above.net

4 104 217 Timed out 64.125.12.170 above-cogent.dfw2.us.above.net

5 0 0 0 154.54.25.10 te8-1.ccr02.dfw03.atlas.cogentco.com

6 0 0 0 38.122.38.10 -

7 0 0 1 209.234.254.214 -

8 1 1 2 184.86.254.160 a184-86-254-160.deploy.akamaitechnologies.com

Trace complete

Yayayay! The activity graph shows a rise some 1½ hours ago, and I've been able to parse all my queued spam. (Too old, so some were rejected as >2 days old and I cancelled the rest). Pourvu que ça dure!

P.S. Happy Fourth of July! <_<

It still broken.. nothing but GW timeouts since yesterday.

I know things break, but this is ridiculous.

It would be nice if spamcop could back off the 48 hour limit (72 hours would probably be appropriate) until this is fixed, otherwise you're just wasting even more of peoples time than this problem already has.

I use a greasemonkey scri_pt to do the reporting, so if reporting is working (even if it's slow, as long as it's not timing out), I can run through the queue without sitting and cursing for hours.

Happy 4 July

SpamCop is still broken and giving page cannot be found errors when trying to report submitted spam.

This does appear like a DDoS issue.

Rgds

Keith

Still hanging,

At some times of the day it seems OK but others it just hangs

I havent a clue how things work but Is there any chance your under a DDOS attack by some disgruntled spammer ?

It sure look like SpamCop has been under well-coordinated distributed denial-of-service attack (DDoS attack). Nevertheless, just like you mentioned, it still work sometimes. I manage to get all spam reported within 20 hours instead of usual within a matter of just few hours. <_<

It sure look like SpamCop has been under well-coordinated distributed denial-of-service attack (DDoS attack). Nevertheless, just like you mentioned, it still work sometimes.

Spamcop is under bad-coordinated DDoS. When under real DDoS, neither the home page load ...

Spamcop is under bad-coordinated DDoS. When under real DDoS, neither the home page load ...

That's similar to what I was thinking, but I'm not privy to the information that the admin team would have available to help confirm this. No doubt we'll hear back when they have something they're able to share with us.

> denial of service

Could be. But then again, every technical problem looks like a denial of service.

But then again, there is no News on the SpamCop website, so maybe there really isn't any problem :rolleyes:

For instance, if it is a DOS, then what took the bad guys so long to hit? I don't buy it.

Full Disclosure: When it comes to web technology, I don't really know what I'm talking about.

PS: At least SpamCop isn't complaining about ipv6 in the headers, anymore. The wheels of SpamCop grind slowly.

Archived