Turba and LDAP

PeterJ

I have been reading up on Horde recently and noticed that Turba can utilize LDAP. Turba is Horde's 'address book' component, http://www.horde.org/turba/ , and since we use Turba as part of SpamCop's webmail system I could not help but dream...

It would be a really cool enhancement if SpamCop used LDAP as the backend for our addressbooks. This could allow users to access their addresses via a client that supports LDAP. In this regard IMAP and LDAP would be a pretty good pairing for keeping data the same whether one uses a mail client or webmail for access. Although LDAP has been traditionally used for 'global address book' or 'shared addressbook' situations, it is possible (from what I have read) to implement individual address books including authentication to access them.

Just a thought in case it is feasible given money, time, etc.

> can you set up a modified LDAP in the Turba address book component of Horde?

The one-word answer from JT - NO

Are you saying that you asked JT this question?

yes. I'm not sure why you'd be suggesting that I'd bring JT's name and response into the same posting if I hadn't have asked him directly.

yes. I'm not sure why you'd be suggesting that I'd bring JT's name and response into the same posting if I hadn't have asked him directly.

Please take no offense. I really was not sure that you had asked him from the words that you used. Also I did not know that you and JT were in direct communication regarding threads in this forum, but I just today noticed at least one other thread where you provided an answer from JT; so now I am aware of this occurring.

Please take no offense.

No offense taken <g> .. was just thinking of the smack I'd be expecting for using JT's name to express one of my thoughts <g> ... I seem to be able to tick some folks off all by myself <g>

Archived