[Resolved] Fuel for Email Users

I subscribe to the SpamCop Email System. I've never been a "Premium" reporting service subscriber, but I do submit reports through the reporting system.

To acknowledge recent frustrations with performance on the reporting side, Cisco just credited each active user with $15 of reporting fuel. I see that I now have 15.7MB available. The email service renewal date has not changed.

The question is, what good is fuel for email subscribers?

I thought that it didn't give you anything you didn't already have as an email subscriber. That is, email subscribers process as if they are already premium reporting service subscribers with unlimited fuel.

i, too, got the email about the "Account refuel update".

i have been a spamcop member for many years, but i don't use IMAP at all. i always POP my email, and i don't even know where to look to see if this "fuel" is there, much less know what it's for or how to use it...

a little clarification may be in order.

i, too, got the email about the "Account refuel update".

i have been a spamcop member for many years, but i don't use IMAP at all. i always POP my email, and i don't even know where to look to see if this "fuel" is there, much less know what it's for or how to use it...

a little clarification may be in order.

SpamCop email pay for "fuel" in our annual fee.

So I guess it don't apply for us and don't worry me

I've been through attacks on SpamCop before and survived without any gift needed.

when I visit: www.spamcop.net I see

"Welcome, myspamreportingname. You have 15.4M bytes available.

Your average reporting time is: 0 hours; Great! "

I think the fuel is for (perhaps not only used for) making manual spam reporting quicker (and to show support for spamcop)?

As a spam reporter & DNSBL user, I am left wondering where the 'investment' in feature development is occuring?

As I don't use an email account with SpamCop, I don't pay much attention to the topics concerning email accounts, this subject did catch my eye though.

During the last couple of week, has your email service been affected by the reporting problems?

Did the delays affect your spam reporting through the email system?

Just wondering.

From a historical perspective, before Cisco bought SpamCop, "fuel" was a way for those of use that used the reporting services and BL to financially support the effort. 'Adding fuel did speed up' the manual reporting process. Could have called it something else I guess, but jellybeans doesn't make as much sense.

Fuel didn't then or now have a noticeable impact on the quick reporting I normally use to report the several hundred spam I get a day. I'm guessing the same is true for reporting from an email account.

I think it is a nice gesture on Cisco's part to offer some fuel. Kind of like the thank you card you may have gotten from your grandmother, the card itself isn't worth much.

I subscribe to the SpamCop Email System. I've never been a "Premium" reporting service subscriber, but I do submit reports through the reporting system.

To acknowledge recent frustrations with performance on the reporting side, Cisco just credited each active user with $15 of reporting fuel. I see that I now have 15.7MB available. The email service renewal date has not changed.

The question is, what good is fuel for email subscribers?

I thought that it didn't give you anything you didn't already have as an email subscriber. That is, email subscribers process as if they are already premium reporting service subscribers with unlimited fuel.

I opened a new topic on this subject but just in case anyone missed seeing it:

If you are a CESmail email user who reports spam you have likely received an email from Cisco crediting you with $15 worth of fuel. Cisco owns the Spamcop Reporting service.

CESmail users receive, as part of their email account, premium reporting privileges and do not need to purchase fuel nor do the accounts use fuel.

People who wish to report spam and who do *not* have an email account can do so as free users or as paid users - the paid accounts have a couple of additional benefits. They purchase fuel (which translates into a number of megabytes) for spam reporting.

So the email is not a spam or a phish and it would be real nice if you didn't report it as spam. Just ignore it. And no you cannot convert the fuel credit to cash or donate it or, actually, do anything with it.

Sorry for the unnecessary noise in your Inbox!

During the last couple of week, has your email service been affected by the reporting problems?

No.

Did the delays affect your spam reporting through the email system?

Not that I noticed. I did run into problems when attempting to submit held mail via the website (that is, not a quick report).

Archived