webexxpurts.com bouncing abuse email

webexxpurts.com has blocked any email to them if it isn't a customers of them. So any abuse complaints are not being delivered to them. RFC Ignorant has them listed for bad abuse email.

See http://rfc-ignorant.org/tools/lookup.php?d...webexxpurts.com

I had 2 spam emails from them and both complaints bounced back to me.

That IP block email should be sent to null from now on.

See parsed email at http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z5378836838z1...39106aec55dee5z

---------

Tracking link: http://conversion2012.com/info/unsubscribe...mp;L=8&N=13

[report history]

Resolves to 176.61.139.140

Routing details for 176.61.139.140

[refresh/show] Cached whois for 176.61.139.140 : bd[at]webexxpurts.com

Using last resort contacts bd[at]webexxpurts.com

----------

The bounced email back from them

Scott Grayban,

Your email to our support system could not be accepted because it was not recognized as coming from an email address belonging to one of our customers. If you need assistance, please email from the address you registered with us that you use to login to our client area.

Please do let us know if we can assist you any further. Thank you for using our online ticketing system.

-----------------------------------------------

Regards,

WebExperts

Well, I can understand you getting a rejection from their ticketing system Scott, if it is intended for use by their members - but (AFAIK) SC needs to receive the rejections in response to the reports they send to the actual abuse address before devnuling the address - and it probably takes a few. I don't see that unwillingness to accept SC reports is yet established. rfc-ignorant listing is not uncommon (spamcop.net itself was so listed for ages and google.com and gmail.net still are) and such listing is another whole can of worms.

Incidentally, the tracking URL you provided (thanks for that) was an uncancelled, unsubmitted report which I took the liberty of cancelling to avoid duplicate reporting (which is NOT permitted). It still works fine but note you can always retrieve a previous report submission from your "Past reports". Just be sure, when you do, that you get the actual tracking link by following the report ID link (that is, pick up the link from near the head of the parse result which is in the format of the one you posted -

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z...(lots of code)...z.

The link from "Past reports" with just the report ID shown is only readable by yourself and SC staff (which you could prefer but might as well contact SC deputies or SC admin direct if you didn't want to make it public).

If that cancelled report was one you had intended reporting (not a duplicate) my apologies (it looked like a duplicate to me), you will need to re-submit it (but remember in future, better submitted sooner rather than later - then provide the tracking URL to the submitted report if you want to discuss it).

Steve

P.S. It would be interesting to see what abuse.net shows for webexxpurts.com and conversion2012.com but abuse.net is/was "off the air" when I tried to see.

S

What reports have bounced?

SpamCop has sent almost 2,000 reports to them and none have bounced.

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

- Service[at]Admin.SpamCop.net -

They are refusing emails... read response from them which I posted...

============================================

Scott Grayban,

Your email to our support system could not be accepted because it was not recognized as coming from an email address belonging to one of our customers. If you need assistance, please email from the address you registered with us that you use to login to our client area.

Please do let us know if we can assist you any further. Thank you for using our online ticketing system.

Regards,

WebExperts

=======================================

Essentially they are saying we dont want any emails from anyone unless it comes from there domain or clients.

Like I said, SC probably needs to experience, first hand, bounces of reports sent to the abuse address. No effective difference between them silently dropping SC reports (if that's what's happening) or SC devnulling them except in terms of the number of electrons buffeted. They are, anyway, entitled to tell SC to stop sending reports - not as if there is any difficulty for them in that process.

Like I said, SC probably needs to experience, first hand, bounces of reports sent to the abuse address. No effective difference between them silently dropping SC reports (if that's what's happening) or SC devnulling them except in terms of the number of electrons buffeted. They are, anyway, entitled to tell SC to stop sending reports - not as if there is any difficulty for them in that process.

Also don't use your full name in SpamCop reporting "Scot" is enough unles you use a pseudonym like I do in Gmail

SpamCop reports are easily filtered to a folder until the police come knocking for a forensic search of their servers.

Pays to give them a glance over

They are refusing emails... read response from them which I posted...

============================================

Scott Grayban,

Regards,

WebExperts

<snip>

...Don can speak for himself but I would venture to guess that he is referring to a bounce in a technical sense -- what you are showing, Scott, is not technically a bounce (at least, not by the referenced definition). :) <g>

• 2 weeks later...

I have a classic phishing message that originated with webexxpurts but SpamCop's scan ignores this source [as it often does] as a "Possible forgery. Supposed receiving system not associated with any of your mailhosts". So I forwarded the message to the designated abuse address and got the same reply as the OP.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

today i've tried to report a phising mail with spamcop and saw that the abuse report to http://webexxpurts.com are sent to null.

After checking http://webexxpurts.com/knowledgebase.php?a...ticle&id=85 and sending the abuse report manually to bd[at]webexxpurts.com i've got an reply within a few minutes.

I'm not an customer of webexxpurts so it seems that they fixed their abuse mail address and sending abuse mails to bd[at]webexxpurts.com should work again for non-customers.

Just want to let you know.

Archived