Bad blacklist entries

Kazan

[snip]ALL large cluster ISPs are subject to this - IP blocking is unacceptable from a technical standpoint

PERIOD

I am as anti-spam as any one of you, and telling yourselves different is deluding yourselfs - however i am a computer scientists so SMART SOLUTIONS are the only thing acceptable

So use whatever system(s) that work for you, but you don't have any right to define what is "acceptable" for others. I decide how my inbox is managed and everyone else has the right to decide how they manage their inboxes.

Kazan et. al.,

We don't care much about the AUP. We care mostly about enforcement of the AUP. More precisely, we want the spam to stop. :huh:

Obviously ipowerweb allows spamming. There's gobs of evidence if you took the time (what, 30 seconds?) to find it. Heck, plenty of it is right here in this thread.:D

CONTACT THEM AND THEY WILL REMOVE IT are *our* instructions to *you*. :ph34r:

It's for you to do, not us. You want us to accept your mail, after all! :blink:

Switch providers, use habeas, contact ipowerweb, etc. Take your pick. You are the one who needs to fix YOUR problem. :)

I just added the scbl in blocking mode on my corporate server, BTW.

Put your CS degree to use in the ASRG.

What's your domain?

yyy ...I presume that means something... I thought yaba daba doo, but those are wrong letters...yuck yuck yuck?

text entered to give "Preview Post" something to work with ... 180 pound dog wants attention now ... paw to forearm ... mouse & pad to floor ... somewhere a button is pushed ... pre-edited response gets posted ... dra007 enters rooms and decides to poke fun at the crazy guy in the corner ... and now leaving everyone else to wonder what the "yyy" could possiblly be in reference to <g>

yyy ...I presume that means something... I thought yaba daba doo, but those are wrong letters...yuck yuck yuck?

text entered to give "Preview Post" something to work with ... 180 pound dog wants attention now ... paw to forearm ... mouse & pad to floor ... somewhere a button is pushed ... pre-edited response gets posted ... dra007 enters rooms and decides to poke fun at the crazy guy in the corner ...

If this were the lounge, I would ask why you used Y. :lol:

Sorry, I just couldn't help myself. (Just another crazy guy in the corner, Hi Wazoo, what are you doing here)

they can only process complaints so fast and their registration is automatic so abusers can register faster than they can delete them thoeretically

If their system is so trivially easy to abuse, then they should find a way to prevent that abuse. Perhaps some sort of randomly generated code to prevent automated signups, as Yahoo does.

ALL large cluster ISPs are subject to this - IP blocking is unacceptable from a technical standpoint

Yet IP-level blocking is the only feasable way to do it that I'm aware of.

however i am a computer scientists so SMART SOLUTIONS are the only thing acceptable

Great. Why don't you come up with such a smart solution that prevents the spam at a finer-than-IP-address level and implement it and we'd all be happy to start using that.

Archived