[Resolved] Forwarding as attachment from New Yahoo

Farelf

I thought I had posted this a couple weeks ago, but just in case it helps: It is possible to retrieve yahoo mail using POP. Assuming your POP client lets you, you can then view source or forward as attachment to your spam submittal address.

If I recall correctly, you have to set an option for spam to be included in POP. Either way, it will retrieve your inbox too.

Just as a friendly reminder, some (most? all?) POP clients default to delete mail from server when retrieving. That may not be what you want in this case.

Hope this helps. Let me know if anyone needs more details.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To my knowledge there is no one here that can cause Yahoo to restore the alt-shift-F function.

This thread identifies the issue, and ways to work around the issue. That is resolved. There is no point in starting a new thread.

To my knowledge there is no one here that can cause Yahoo to restore the alt-shift-F function.

This thread identifies the issue, and ways to work around the issue. That is resolved. There is no point in starting a new thread.

Not "cause" but certainly someone from Spamcop could reach out to Yahoo and try to work out the problem.

Due to Yahoo's problems, and they now allow IMAP for all accounts, I have started using mailwasher again. The free version works fine for me as I now only use it to report spam and it makes the process pretty automated.

Thanks for this information. I didn't realize they allowed IMAP. Now I can get the message headers for the occasional spam without POPing all my Yahoo mail. :)

<snip>

Should we start a new thread?

<snip>

&nbsp &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp moreofless: if you'd really prefer a thread on this subject that doesn't have the "Resolved" flag set, you could use Topic "can't forward as attachment in yahoo."

It 'looks' as though it is back working again. Spamcop must be loaded up as I usually get my reporting email back within seconds but its been 15 minutes and no email and nothing showing when I log into Spamcop. However when I used shift-Alt-F in Yahoo mail it showed an attachment again, rather than the email in the body as it started doing a few days ago.

Edited by goofy173

It 'looks' as though it is back working again. Spamcop must be loaded up as I usually get my reporting email back within seconds but its been 15 minutes and no email and nothing showing when I log into Spamcop. However when I used shift-Alt-F in Yahoo mail it showed an attachment again, rather than the email in the body as it started doing a few days ago.

When I use the ALT + Shift + F method my messages are still forwarded in-line not as an attachment. This is both with IE and Firefox.

• 2 weeks later...

They must have different servers that use Shift-Alt-F differently.

This morning I reported several spams using this method, and all went thru fine. I reported some more a few hours later and I just noticed 3 emails that there were errors, so I reported some more spam, and NOW it is forwarding the wrong way again.

Crazy Yahoo.

&nbsp &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Thanks, Goofy, that is most interesting; I had assumed that the differences were due to the different "flavors" of Yahoo!Mail (I had noticed a different web mail "look & feel" between my yahoo.com e-mail account and my att.net e-mail account [att.net web mail is delivered by Yahoo]).

I sense your frustration. I don't think anyone on this forum works for/wrights code for/controls software configuration for Yahoo. Steve T's post seems to summerize the confusing/frustrating situation expressed in both threads you posted in.

Are you guys using the Basic or Full Featured version of yahoo mail? I haven't been able to forward a message as an attachment since they could off access to Yahoo Mail Classic around June of 2013. I used to be able to hold Ctrl and click forward. I've tried the Ctrl-Alt-F mentioned here (in both modes), but it doesn't do anything.

I use the Basic version, so to forward email to spamcop, I have to switch to the Full version, view and copy the header, and paste it above the email I'm forwarding. Then switch back to Basic.

&nbsp &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Thanks, Slickone, I didn't know that there were such settings! I assume that you are referring to Yahoo!Mail's Settings | "Mail Version" choices " Full featured (recommended) - View photo slideshows, drag and drop attachments, personalize your theme, and more." and " Basic." It turns out that I have the "Full featured" setting but neither Ctrl Forward nor Ctrl-Alt-F work for me. The former results in the spam appearing inline and the latter results in no action at all. :( <frown>

• 8 months later...

I just noticed a change in yahoo mail this morning. When viewing a message, when you clicked on the More button, one option was to view full header. Sort of useful but not exactly what we wanted. Now this morning it seems to have changed to 'View Raw Message'. Now that sounds like exactly what we want. I tried it out and unfortunately it is not yet working as every message I tried it with opened another tab but then that tab was totally blank. Hopefully they will get this working soon it sounds promising.

• 1 year later...

Well seemingly big news from Yahoo(aka Verizon) Mail I have noticed. When viewing an email in Yahoo Mail, under the "More" drop down menu, instead of their being a View Full Header option, it has now changed to View Raw Message which opens a new window with the full message in text only. This makes it very easy to copy and paste into Spamcop, so no more forwarding thank god.

On 8/3/2016 at 5:43 AM, fragile said:

Well seemingly big news from Yahoo(aka Verizon) Mail I have noticed. When viewing an email in Yahoo Mail, under the "More" drop down menu, instead of their being a View Full Header option, it has now changed to View Raw Message which opens a new window with the full message in text only. This makes it very easy to copy and paste into Spamcop, so no more forwarding thank god.

Thanks for posting this. Last time I needed it, it was still the "view raw message" option, and I hadn't noticed the change yet. I had resorted to using the "Allow apps that use less secure sign in" to allow me to retrieve spam from Yahoo using a POP client, so I'm glad to be able to change that setting back and get the message source an easier way.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Yahoo has disabled auto forward feature nad many users are complaining ass their daily work routine has been disturbed. But it can be done by other ways like create a backup of your mail data nad save it in external hard drive. Now create a new mail and attach the required data. learn easy steps here:

http;\\www,apsense,com/article/my-autoforward-function-in-yahoo-is-not-working-help-me-to-create-a-backup-in-hard-drive,html

Yahoo has a stunning stage and furthermore serving its clients with fabulous elements. In any case, it is ideal to fix the security of your mail account by including two factor verification to your Yahoo mail account. Go to through the blog and get wanted data:

https;\\yahoo-support-service,tumblr,com/post/160582485702/how-to-enable-two-step-verification-in-yahoo

janiferlewis I broke the link you provided because when I followed it, 1) the page at first looked kind-of like a "Yahoo-support-service"  Then the "tumblr" part of the domain name became obvious. 2) I was redirected to a FireFox look-alike with a EMERGENCY update. (yes I use FF). 

Further links in your post will result in putting your post in moderation (review before being visible.)

• 5 years later...