MailWasher

wa9ysd

Sorry about the confusion.

I have WINZip.

Yes I do know how to use it.

Yes I unziped it.

No there is not and executiable file to load it, and no install file for control pannel ADD/Remove program to find.

I thought I would list it so others can download it to help me out.  Looks to me like files are missing or am I missing something here?  I will have to go to download.com and do a search that is compatible to XP.  How ever I was looking for a longterm free software not just a 30 day trial.

Jim

...Not to insult your intelligence (which is clearly of a high order) but did you follow step 7 of the installation instructions?

Hi TURETZSR

Step 7? What is it?

When the files opened up and double click on them an error message shows up that you would get when you connect to a bad webb page. For example Install file first says Cannot open this file, then it asks if I want to find the program for the file and I say again yes. Then is says Webb Page Cannot be found. :(

The program I downloaded is this for Windos XP? Starting to look like a server program. Are you willing to help me through this? I would like to get this one going if possible.

I found a program on download.com called vmpesetup_en I downloaded which is supose to be spamassassin for XP. It is a trial version.

Hi YOURBUDDY

I will look at G-Lock SpamCombat, at glocksoft.com if SpamAssassin does not work. Are you using this? Thanks

Jim

Hi YOURBUDDY

I will look at G-Lock SpamCombat, at glocksoft.com if SpamAssassin does not work. Are you using this?  Thanks

Jim

Hi Jim ...

Yes, we use SpamCombat, and it is easy to install.

It installs just like "a regular" windows program.

There are several DNSbl's in it that you can use, and

one of them is SpamCop. Visit their website for info.

It sounds like it might be what you are looking for.

Hi, Jim,

Hi TURETZSR

...It's Steve. turetzsr is just my user id.

Step 7?  What is it?

...My reference in my reply is a hotlink -- you could have clicked on it and been taken to the page with the steps. But to save you the trouble, here's what I see at http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/InstallingOnWindows:

Install SpamAssassin:
  • extract it to the c:\ folder with use folder names
  • For 2.63 (and probably 2.6x), modify the makefile as per the SA wiki: Sa263MakeWithPerl582
  • in a command prompt: cd\mail-spamassassin-2.63
  • perl makefile.pl
  • nmake
  • nmake install

When the files opened up and double click on them an error message shows up that you would get when you connect to a bad webb page.  For example Install file first says Cannot open this file, then it asks if I want to find the program for the file and I say again yes.  Then is says Webb Page Cannot be found. :(

...Oh, there is an install file? Sounds like a problem with that install file or one of the files it uses for the install. Does the SpamAssassin provider offer support?

The program I downloaded is this for Windos XP?  Starting to look like a server program.  Are you willing to help me through this?  I would like to get this one going if possible.

<snip>

...As I said, I know nothing about SpamAssassin and care even less, so I'm the wrong person to ask. Sorry.

Archived