Hotmail blocking CESmail outbound mailserver

It looks like this is still going on - I'm still getting mail to Hotmail addresses rejected when sent via SMTP.

Like appyface, I depend on the SMTP server for my outgoing mail so this is becoming a real issue to me.

Surely the IP should now have been removed from the blocklist, or has the spamming reoccurred?

I would suggest that you log into webmail, click on the "problem" link and open a ticket. "email_support" hasn't posted anything here in over two weeks, but they've been visiting the forum, so should be aware that it's still a problem for users.

DT

I have given up on the CESMail SMTP and will give up on CESMail at the next renewal. The webmail was only marginally relevant but the SMTP made the sub worthwhile for all the reasons above.

Without a resolution of the sending challenges it won't be worth continuing. But it seems CESMail hasn't been able to persuade Microsoft/Hotmail that smtp.cesmail.net isn't a source of spam.

Or perhaps the flow of spam hasn't been stopped...

• 1 month later...

I just tried sending to a Hotmail address now and it came back undeliverable due to blocklist.

Seems that this should have been resolved by now?

I am submitting a report via webmail 'problem' report and hopefully this will receive some attention soon.

Edited by appyface

I don't know what you mean, 'taken away'? Yes I used the Cesmail SMTP server and no I didn't apply for anything. I've been using it regularly without failure (to send).

The change in policy/access was recently revealed in this forum topic:

http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=12944

The instructions to regain CES SMTP privileges was to write to support. I can't explain why they didn't disable yours.

DT

Edited by DavidT

• 1 month later...

It looks like this is still going on - I'm still getting mail to Hotmail addresses rejected when sent via SMTP.

Like appyface, I depend on the SMTP server for my outgoing mail so this is becoming a real issue to me.

Surely the IP should now have been removed from the blocklist, or has the spamming reoccurred?

This problem is still occurring as of today. It's really a pain to have to switch outgoing servers based on who I'm sending to.

Any hope of this ever being resolved?

Any hope of this ever being resolved?

Nope!

Once an IP is blocked by Hotmail group it's unlikely to be unblocked EVER

The only way is for SpamCop to use a different IP

29th December I tried Hotmails auto removal

We have completed reviewing the IP(s) you submitted. The following table contains the results of our investigation.
No action taken
The system found that the reported IP(s) are not eligible for automatic mitigation.

Seems there is very little spam from that IP

Was 99 and dropped a bit so seems spamtraps are still being hit?

• 2 weeks later...

After several years of enthusiastically using SC to report spam, this many-month inability to deliver email to a large subset of people (including several I need to be able to reach) without being forced to re-check the sender address on every email I send (doh! change it to something other than spamcop, or it will be blocked if the recipient is on msn.com, microsoft.com, hotmail, etc.!), or "use the webmail interface" (um... yeah, right...)... I've given up the ghost... Or rather SC has! I've advised friends/family/associates/etc. to use another address for my wife and I. Come renewal time that will be it for the PAID service for us.

What a sad ending for a great idea, this was a serious fumble on the part of spamcop (and CESMail/whoever), if you ask me...

Edited by ndav