Postfix Blocks my e-mail

gerald

many mails i send or answer I cannot answer as if I'm blocked myself

"This is the Postfix program at host apate.telenet-ops.be.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that the message returned

below could not be delivered to one or more destinations.

For further assistance, please send mail to <postmaster>

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can

delete your own text from the message returned below.

The Postfix program

<....com>: host mail.esecurity.nu[213.136.32.100] said: 501 5.7.1

<...>... Sender refused by the DNSBL bl.spamcop.net (in

reply to MAIL FROM command)

who did mannage this ? I'm a regular e-mail user but NO spam sender.

Can someone help me ?

I made a new e-mail address in my regular account, but even that doesn't help !!

anyone know what this is ?

gerald van waes

Did you:

That should be your first call, to your ISP and ask why you are being blocked. They can probably answer the other questions I ask below.

who did mannage this ?

If the error message is to be believed, the receiver (or their ISP) rejected the message because your machine (or the mail server you used) has been reported sending spam. The error message should state which IP caused the problem. Also, sometimes the error message calls out spamcop when it is another blacklist causing the block.

Can someone help me ?

In order to help you, we need the IP address of your server and/or your machine. Perhaps the error message continued with your message including lines like- Received: from xxx With those headers we can try to figure out who to complain to. You can remove any email addresses as the blocklist only works with IP addresses.

I made a new e-mail address in my regular account, but even that doesn't help !!

The new email address would have been sent using the same machines, so it would still be blocked. Spamcop does not use (or know about) email addresses.

Good luck and please update this issue with the solution or more questions.

Some additional feedback from OP;

I just wonder if it was a virus haven taken over my e-mail account to send spam that caused my e-mail-address to be blocked.

SpamCop doesn't deal with e-mail addresses, only the IP address of the spam source. Had you offered the IP address in question (your e-mail server) "we" could have looked something up. All I can dredge up right now is a bit of confusing Domain names associated with some of this;

xxxxx.kabel.telenet.be

apate.telenet-ops.be

both having an abuse reporting address of;

abuse[at]pandora.be

postmaster[at]pandora.be

I just recived a message from my own server company. They say some mailservers are temporaily blacklisted at Spamcop. That's the reason why we sometimes cannot send out any personal messages.

So, verification that it may not be "you" ... but someone using the shared server has caused some issues for any of their users that have their outgoing e-mail handled by these mailservers ... interesting that there's "multiple" servers involved .. again, if an IP (or two) were provided, someone could take a look and perhaps come up with a bit of status on "these servers" ..

• 1 year later...

I am getting the same message as the original poster when trying to send to a specific domain. I checked the ip address of my domain name on both spamcop and on the declude.com search and I am not listed on any blacklists. Any guess why I would be getting that message?

TIA

Nikki

Hi, Nikki!

I am getting the same message as the original poster when trying to send to a specific domain.  I checked the ip address of my domain name on both spamcop and on the declude.com search and I am not listed on any blacklists.  Any guess why I would be getting that message?

40882[/snapback]

...The answer to your question, I would think, is pretty much the answer provided by StevenUnderwood to the original poster 8000[/snapback].

...If something in StevenUnderwood's reply is not clear with respect to your situation, please post again here.

No, he does not answer my problem. I am my own ISP. I have two class C blocks. I know my IP address and I verified with spamcop.net and declude.com (searches all blacklists) that my ip address was in fact not blocked as spam. I recieved the message again today sending to the same domain name. It unfortunately does not list the specific IP address it believes to be offensive in the message, but since I send through a web interface mail program it should be the IP address of my domain(this is the ip that I verified was not listed on any blacklists). I will include the exact message I recieved. I just want to find out the possible cause for this so if it is something I need to remedy that I can do so.

This is a MIME-encapsulated message.

This is the Postfix program at host forward1.us4.outblaze.com.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be

be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can

delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The Postfix program

<*****[at]ridge-runner.com>: host mail.ridge-runner.com[206.51.192.25] said:

501 5.7.1 <*****[at]xgamesrochester.com>... Sender refused by the DNSBL

bl.spamcop.net (in reply to MAIL FROM command)

Reporting-MTA: dns; forward1.us4.outblaze.com

X-Postfix-Queue-ID: 3A3155801803

X-Postfix-Sender: rfc822; *****[at]xgamesrochester.com

Arrival-Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 22:25:00 +0000 (GMT)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; *****[at]ridge-runner.com

Action: failed

Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; host mail.ridge-runner.com[206.51.192.25] said: 501

5.7.1 <*****[at]xgamesrochester.com>... Sender refused by the DNSBL

bl.spamcop.net (in reply to MAIL FROM command)

I removed the actual email addresses for obvious reasons. TIA

Nikki

If you are certain that your sending IP address is not listed, then the receiving ISP has most likely misconfigured their mailservers bounce message to incorrectly point the finger at the SCBL. If you can send an email to another address that you control and post the headers or a tracking link, we could do a little more analysis for you.

You might also simply try contacting the receiving ISP and asking them what the problem is, and why they don't provide the information necessary for troubleshooting in their bounce message.

It would seem that Nikkikitty's problem is that host forward1.us4.outblaze.com [208.36.123.89] was listed by the SCBL. It is not currently listed. Its Report History is as follows:

Submitted: Saturday 2006/02/25 11:31:59 -0500:

Your E-mail Forwarding Annual Premium Service has expired

1671264694 ( 208.36.123.89 ) To: abuse[at]algx.net

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Submitted: Monday 2006/02/20 03:56:04 -0500:

Wow check out this huge enlargement patch sale!

1664995633 ( 208.36.123.89 ) To: relays[at]admin.spamcop.net

1664995622 ( 80.93.236.108 ) To: postmaster[at]absolutok.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Submitted: Sunday 2006/02/05 14:56:43 -0500:

Your E-mail Forwarding Annual Premium Service is about to expire

1648310425 ( 208.36.123.89 ) To: abuse[at]algx.net

Archived