Report to government & AdSense

xenu

Few suggestions:

1. Report about spam to country's law office, where spam is valuated as crime.

2. Process contents of spammer website or html attached to email and report Google AdSense accounts (if found) to move money out of spammer's accounts.

3. Some spammers "advertise" their websites without http://, e.g. www.example.com, so SpamCop doesn't parse them.

Few suggestions:

1. Report about spam to country's law office, where spam is valuated as crime.

...SpamCop leaves that to the reporter. The SpamCop parser needs to do what it does very quickly; a lookup against a database of the proper legal authority to whom to report the spam would take too much time.
2. Process contents of spammer website or html attached to email and report Google AdSense accounts (if found) to move money out of spammer's accounts.
...SpamCop leaves that to the reporter. The SpamCop parser needs to do what it does very quickly; what you suggest would take too long.
3. Some spammers "advertise" their websites without http://, e.g. www.example.com, so SpamCop doesn't parse them.
...SpamCop tries to parse hyperlinks in the spam body text but that isn't its main function. It requires the spammer's complete faithfulness to accepted e-mail standards, so any discrepancies (including failure to include the "http://" part of a URL) will cause the SpamCop parser to not find the URLs. The question of adding "intelligence" to the parser such as you suggest has been the subject of discussion of many SpamCop Forum topics and it is quite clear that its behavior is unlikely to ever be changed.

You sound like speaking in the name of SpamCop.
...Only because I have been here for quite a while and have learned something about how SpamCop has treated previous similar requests and also to keep my replies relatively simple. :) <g>
I've made content parsers long ago and they do not require so much computing power as you think.

<snip>

...That may be but please be aware that (1) your evaluation as to what constitutes "so much computer power" may be different than SpamCop's and (2) your content parsers were not coded within the context of something like the SpamCop parsing engine. Of course, it could be that you are a much better coder than the SpamCop engineers and that they might benefit from your expertise -- if you wish, you may attempt to contact them via the SpamCop Deputies at e-mail address deputies[at]admin.spamcop.net.
Regarding 3d

<snip>

...Thank you for the Tracking Link! Yes, certainly "http://www.<span" is a bad URL, so the SpamCop parser is unable to deal with it. But you may wish to apply your superior human intelligence to resolving the URL and submit a manual report.

• 1 month later...

Another issue (more fundamental than practicalities around the parser) with trying to report Google Adsense accounts is that this would require the parser to load the spamvertised site, rather than just identifying its IP address & host for reporting. This would therefore "click" the spammer's unsubscribe links and other URLs with tracking codes in them, which would reveal to the spammer that the reporter is an active recipient (and potentially could identify to the spammer who is reporting them to SpamCop.)

For that reason alone I would expect that Adsense account reporting wouldn't be included automatically, even if it could be implemented. IMHO, it's more suited to manual reporting - I have a few places that I report URLs to that wouldn't be suitable for auto reporting via SpamCop (e.g. Phishtank and Google Safebrowsing (phishing or malware), which are only auitable for reporting certain types of site.)

<snip>

to report Google Adsense accounts ... would require the parser to load the spamvertised site

<snip>

...My suspicion is that if they wished, SpamCop could find or negotiate with Google a way to report Google Adsense accounts if they wished ... I just doubt they wish.

I suspect it's a good idea to cripple Google which IMO has become intrusive spyware

To block "adsense" in WIN7 try this

Open notepad by "right clicking" icon

Select "run as administrator"

Have Notepad go to

C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc

in Notepad "Select all files"

open file "Hosts"

Paste this at the bottom of the file paste this in

127.0.0.1 pagead2.googlesyndication.com

Restart browser

Should stop their ads people can’t see the ads they definitely can’t click on them at least

Archived