badfilter[at]admin.spamcop.net & Thunderbird

hrob

At some time in the very distant past, someone posted that we should send spam that escaped the filters to badfilter[at]admin.spamcop.net.

I've finally managed to switch from Eudora to Thunderbird. It wasn't as painful as I thought it would be, but one thing I can no longer do easily is forward many e-mails with full headers as separate e-mails. I can send them as enclosures in one large e-mail.

My questions are:

1. Are you even using that data any more?

2. Will the multiple enclosure method be useful?

Wow - that's going WAY back hrob, before my time. From what I can see about "badfilter" at http://forum.spamcop.net/scwik/CopyOfOldSpamCopNewsPage/raw that looked like simply a development phase while someone worked on some in-house mail refinements.

You can always forward multiple spam as attachments under a single cover to a reporting account "submit" or "quick" address, but that is simply part of the normal reporting process, not part of the development on the separate mail side which is now processed through the Hoard/IMP system I think - and presumably no longer subject to in-house development.

[at]admin.spamcop.net addresses are presently used by the reporting side of SC, as distinct from the e-mail side - which uses support[at]spamcop.net or support[at]cesmail.net.

Perhaps an "old hand" would care to add some expansion/clarification/correction?

At the same time your filter-evading spam of course would be welcomed by the reporting side of SC, sent to your normal submission address. If you want to discuss filtering matters, tracking URLs from those submissions, posted to this topic, would be a good starting point. Other mail users (which I'm not) reading will probably be able to help/offer opinions.

Archived