My hoster gets a great number of complaints about non-existing spam.

Devider

Hello. I have already written here that my rivals are sending spam with the link to my website, as they want to make problems for me with the registrator and hoster. Now I have paid attention that only the same people continue to complain who are registered at yahoo.com. My attempts of communication with them are ignored. I have made a conclusion that hackers are sending spam to themselves and have atomized this process. At Spamcop it is invisible who is complaining but I am sure that they are the same people. I would like to know which measures are taken by the administration of Spamcorp for prevention such schemes. I have written a letter to yahoo with the request to check the data of these email addresses from which abuses are sent.

Here e-mail addresses, which are constantly complain:

prosper27[at]yahoo.com

sidgeyser[at]yahoo.com

ceydacan[at]yahoo.com

sidgeyser[at]yahoo.com

charlamage[at]yahoo.com

silvercorning[at]yahoo.com

Spamcop reporters will continue to submit spam for analysis and the issue of reports when they are spammed. If your website address is included as the "payload" of those spam, reports will continue to be sent to your host. If they are the same reporters being subjected to this same spam time after time then of course they will be responsible for repeated reports. It is SpamCop's mission to help shut down the sources of the spam e-mails, the exact purpose of the spam is not the first concern.

The first SpamCop reporter who mentioned the "Legendary narkop is back" spam here, the post that you first responded to - http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=13056 - is a long-term reporter and I'm sure you would never suggest he would spam himself (or anyone else). But he is probably responsible for multiple reports because he keeps getting that spam, it is no secret that he gets more than his fair share. The spam he outlined was from different origins in Vietnam, Mexico and Pakistan, which frustrates the aim of stopping it.

Your host can discontinue receiving reports about your website, as I mentioned in the other topic you link, the other one which your started.

If you wish to discuss with the SpamCop staff any way in which SpamCop might be able to help you with your host (to demonstrate your innocence or investigate malicious reports), you could contact the deputies or the administrator at deputies[at]admin.spamcop.net or service[at]admin.spamcop.net (one or the other, both are not necessary). I don't know what they might do - but they will not assume multiple reports from any group of reporters are malicious, that's just the way most spam is distributed and the reason many reporters get involved with SpamCop in the first place - the sheer, unrelenting, stupid repetition.

...Your provider should also be made aware that if the SpamCop reports are saying that spams include your server(s) as a link, that is not the same as a spam report. Although there are spam in which such spamvertized links are the spam or complement the spam, many such links are owned by "innocent bystanders" and, therefore, such reports must not by themselves be considered to be prima facie evidence of spamming. Also see SpamCop FAQ item "How should I select the recipients for my spam report?" paragraph labeled "Web site host."

<snip>

I would like to know which measures are taken by the administration of Spamcorp for prevention such schemes.

<snip>

...SpamCop does nothing to prevent such schemes because they are totally beyond the ability of SpamCop to control or even identify. It is up to the SpamCop reporting user and both the service provider and the owner of the host improperly identified as a spammer or whose host is part of a link that is included in a spam to understand when to consider seriously or whether to ignore such reports. See SpamCop FAQ item "My web site got terminated/threatened because of SpamCop, but I did not send the spam. What's the big idea?"

Archived