Why would a spamming IP address NOT get listed?

scarboni888

Hi there,

Our site has been receiving about 10 Canadian banking institution phishing email messages a day from 193.109.187.100 since this past Sunday (February 24). In the first hour alone today I reported seven from that IP address yet when checking the blocklist that IP address is reported as free and clear; not being blocked as if it's a good netizen or something....

I suppose it's always possible that I am the only one in the world reporting spam messages from that IP address however I find that pretty bloody unlikely so the question du jour would then be: why in the world isn't it being entered on to the block list?

I've had this happen with other IP addresses in the past I just haven't been so fed up with the relentless stream of seemingly ineffectual reporting as I am with this one.

Thanks for reading and thank you in advance even more if you can quell my sense of a broken system.

Hi, scarboni888,

...In addition to what Don mentioned, if the IP address is also the source of a great deal of good e-mail, it will take a lot more reports to get it listed.

...For more details of what criteria are used by SpamCop to list an IP address, see SpamCop FAQ (links to which appear near the top left of all SpamCop Forum pages) entry "What is on the list?"

Hi there,

Our site has been receiving about 10 Canadian banking institution phishing email messages a day from 193.109.187.100 since this past Sunday (February 24).

[snip]

This one not having an reportable abuse address don't make it easy to stop spam!

Best I get is

ops[at]schedom.be

website look -up gives

support[at]dommel.com

postmaster[at][ip address]

"should" work also

Archived