Problem with configuring multiple servers

Several of my mail providers have multiple email servers, and thus I get one test email for each of them. Unfortunately, the verification system is not designed around entering multiple responses per mail provider and the "clear form" button does not work. I just got to thinking it may be a problem with the app I'm using as a browser -- Konqueror is primarily a File Manager, not a web browser, although it does that as well.

Two improvements I'd suggest for this form:

1) Add a button at the end of the process to go back to process another confirmation email.

2) Make the "clear form" button work properly, even with java scri_pt-challenged browsers. There are people who dislike java scri_pt so much that they won't use it at all. I'm not one of those. It just so happens that the default app for launching URLs in my email client is the file manager, which doesn't handle java scri_pt. :-)

thanks...

Several of my mail providers have multiple email servers, and thus I get one test email for each of them. Unfortunately, the verification system is not designed around entering multiple responses per mail provider and the "clear form" button does not work. I just got to thinking it may be a problem with the app I'm using as a browser -- Konqueror is primarily a File Manager, not a web browser, although it does that as well.

1) Add a button at the end of the process to go back to process another confirmation email.

2) Make the "clear form" button work properly, even with java scri_pt-challenged browsers.  There are people who dislike java scri_pt so much that they won't use it at all. I'm not one of those. It just so happens that the default app for launching URLs in my email client is the file manager, which doesn't handle java scri_pt. :-)

thanks...

Sigh -- without specific examples of your mh paths there is nothing useful that I can say. You are getting multiple probes for a mailhost? I am not sure that Julian is going to make changes to the webform so that Konquerer which doesn't handle java scri_pt can use the clear button but I will mention it to him ...

2) Make the "clear form" button work properly, even with java scri_pt-challenged browsers.  There are people who dislike java scri_pt so much that they won't use it at all. I'm not one of those. It just so happens that the default app for launching URLs in my email client is the file manager, which doesn't handle java scri_pt. :-)

thanks...

Sigh -- without specific examples of your mh paths there is nothing useful that I can say. You are getting multiple probes for a mailhost? I am not sure that Julian is going to make changes to the webform so that Konquerer which doesn't handle java scri_pt can use the clear button but I will mention it to him ...

Noo... I think you misunderstood... :-) When there are multiple mail servers for each domain, i.e. Hotmail.com, SpamCop offers to send a probe to each one of them. In the example of Hotmail.com, Hotmail has 4 mail servers. SpamCop wants to send a test message to each one of them. Perfectly understandable and normal. :)

As for changing the webform to permit non-JS browswers, I can understand him not wanting to do that, but it would still be a heck of a lot more convenient for everyone to hit a button at the "Thank You" screen than to have to hit "back arrow" to go back and then clear the form one way or another... :)

Hopefully I've explained my suggestion a bit better here... My bad for not being precise in my descriptions. You've always been very helpful, Ellen... :)

Archived