DNS spam blacklist servers

teamzr1

Hi this is my first post here and could not find best section to post this so maybe

it can be moved if need be

I have had my internet domain since 1994.

For my business I have 4 different email addresses for different functions of my domain

Because of that my email addresses are long well known and get a ton of spam per email address.

For some years I have been using Mailwasher Pro to catch spam before using POP email software of MS windows

in the config of Mailwasher set up DNS spam blacklist server sites and though not perfect it at least would flag some emails as DNS checked and label emails as blacklisted

Maybe 10 days ago or less spam increased 10 fold and was none getting labeled blacklisted

I notice none showed a DNS flagged

In config I have these 3

bl.spamcop.net, also

sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org and

list.dsbl.org

to check origin of emails to DNS

In last maybe 10 days not one email was DNS flagged from these 3 sites

Has something changed for these 3 or due to the hackers or whoever flooded these sites last week shut down these DNS checksites ?

Or do I need to change to other sites that do this in the USA, if so what is there URL ?

Thanks in advance . . JR

...Maybe 10 days ago or less spam increased 10 fold and was none getting labeled blacklisted

I notice none showed a DNS flagged

In config I have these 3

bl.spamcop.net, also

sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org and

list.dsbl.org

to check origin of emails to DNS

Has something changed for these 3 or due to the hackers or whoever flooded these sites last week shut down these DNS checksites ? ...

Hi JR,

Some signs (or maybe just imagination or limited to a few reporters) of an increasing failure to resolve reporting addresses by the SCbl - but that shouldn't affect the statistics building towards listing a spam-sending IP address - unless the parser ALSO thinks the address is "non-routable" (and I'm only seeing that for a few "spamvertized" site resolutions, myself, different situation but I suppose the same process). DNS resolution would usually involve some caching, hard to see it being too much affected by attacks on name-servers at various levels. There may be a new botnet or two in action (or resources wasted in DDoS attacks put onto a new spam offensive smearing out the sending addresses). Maybe someone has seen some commentary about it?

You might like to check on a multi-RBL checker to see if there are ANY RBLs reliably tracking "your" spam stream. I tend to use:

http://multirbl.valli.org/dnsbl-lookup/

Regards,

Steve

Has something changed for these 3 or due to the hackers or whoever flooded these sites last week shut down these DNS checksites ?

Or do I need to change to other sites that do this in the USA, if so what is there URL ?

Thanks in advance . . JR

I use MailWasher Free version which only allos 1 email address to be checked and it works well, use these blocklists

bl.spamcop.net

added

cbl.abuseat.org (Botnet spam)

sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org

Countrywide

br.countries.nerd.dk (Brazil)

tr.countries.nerd.dk (Turkey)

Quite frankly tried the "Pro" version intending to buy and could not get it to stop spam either? Didn't have the patince to bother

But now Botnet spam seems the go making "cbl.abuseat.org" the most important

If you use your own email server and control it best spam prevention is "GreyListing" it's negative it stops you getting email for 30 minutes

You might wish to consider setting up Gmail to take over your email if you are a small emailer it will probably be free (Negative Google reads/data mines all email)

Google this

http://smarterware.org/3628/host-your-doma...hout-forwarding

Gmails spam protection is second to none

Archived