Reporting From iPad

digilect

Has anyone figured out how to report spam from an iPad? I have tried to reveal full headers both in webmail and in the native mail application but cannot seem to find a way to report spam in IOS. Am I missing something here or is it just not possible?

Hi, digilect,

...Not exactly what you are looking for, perhaps, but I'd suggest you look at SpamCop Forum entry "IPhone setup with new o/s 4.0.3." If the solution there is not what you are after, I would refer you to my reply in that topic (you may wish to substitute "ipad" for "iphone"). If nothing there looks promising, the next stop I'd suggest would be to look at the SpamCop FAQ (links to which appear near the top left of every SpamCop Forum page) items labeled "How do I submit spam via email?" and, if needed, "-----> Submit address - what is and where to find it."

Hi, digilect,

...Not exactly what you are looking for, perhaps, but I'd suggest you look at SpamCop Forum entry "IPhone setup with new o/s 4.0.3." If the solution there is not what you are after, I would refer you to my reply in that topic (you may wish to substitute "ipad" for "iphone"). If nothing there looks promising, the next stop I'd suggest would be to look at the SpamCop FAQ (links to which appear near the top left of every SpamCop Forum page) items labeled "How do I submit spam via email?" and, if needed, "-----> Submit address - what is and where to find it."

Thanks for the reply Steeve,

I did all the requisite searches before I posted here, nothing came up that was on topic. Unfortunately I think I wasn't clear in my post about the problem. I could set up spamcop as my primary email I suppose, currently I am forwarding everything to Gmail. With that said, you cannot (or I have not found a way to) forward messages "inline" which is necessary for reporting. As you mentioned, this would have been the next natural course of action to try, and I did so long ago. You also cannot reveal the headers or view the raw message in the mail application or in Safari. If you use a browser that masks the fact that it is on a mobile device and manage to reveal the raw message, it then is impossible to copy that message to the clipboard in order to paste it into the reporting window on spamcop. I spoke with Applecare about this problem because you cannot even report spam in the mail program to Apple's own mail servers for the same reason. This seems to me to be incredibly limiting and shortsighted. Oh well, the fact that we battle spam at all is instructive of the fact that we live in an imperfect world!

Cheers

Hi, digilect,

<snip>

currently I am forwarding everything to Gmail. With that said, you cannot (or I have not found a way to) forward messages "inline" which is necessary for reporting.

<snip>

...Is the SpamCop FAQ entry under "Forward as Attachment Instructions" labeled "Forwarding from GMail (Google Mail):contributor Xylella's steps and Xylella's follow-up" of any help?

Archived