U.S. Hits Four with Criminal Anti-Spam Charges

turetzsr

ROCK ON!

And I have a friend who forwards all his LARTs to FTC.gov and just the other day he was bemoaning the fact it didn't do any good. He was wrong!

"Consumers forwarded 490,000 of the company's e-mails to the FTC since January, the consumer-protection agency said."

Ya, its just a drop in the bucket. The bucket is getting bigger. But I'll take every drop I can get.

It would be nice if the FTC put those seized assets back into the spam-fighting community but they will probably spend it all fighting these guy's shyster lawyer for the next 5 years.

Goood stuff...whew, what a relief...

I hope my contribution made a difference...

I love this line, I hope the low life spammers read it:

spammers determined to keep spamming illegally, as the arrests of Daniel Lin, James Lin and the other spammers announced today show, and on which Spamhaus heartily congratulates the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.

:rolleyes:

HeeHee!

Here's what Steve had to say about it. 

http://www.spamhaus.org/news.lasso?article=152

Some interesting insight into the techniques and highlighting what a bunch of hooey the CAN spam act is.

...Thanks, Mikey!

Goood stuff...whew, what a relief...

I hope my contribution made a difference...

I love this line, I hope the low life spammers read it:

spammers determined to keep spamming illegally, as the arrests of Daniel Lin, James Lin and the other spammers announced today show, and on which Spamhaus heartily congratulates the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.

:rolleyes:

...Noooo! Then they'll change from doing it illegally, for which the FTC might go get them, to legally, for which the FTC can not go after them! :(

...Fortunately, there is Pinned: Spammer Rules #3! :)

Archived