Adding MailHost: smtp host unknown

Hello,

I host my own email and domain name using a home server. My domain name has two MX records:

mx4.domain.com - the static IPv4 address of my MTA

mx6.domain.com - the static IPv6 address of my MTA

I am trying to add my user[at]domain.com to the mailhost setup. I put in my email address, and it comes up with two checkboxes - one for mx4 and one for mx6. I hit submit, but then I get the following message:

Sent test email to user[at]domain.com through mx4.domain.com.

SpamCop has just sent you 1 test messages to user[at]domain.com.

Please allow for up to an hour for those messages to reach you, and then follow the enclosed instructions.

Some errors were encountered sending test email, but other tests were sent without trouble. This is probably normal, but here is a detailed list of errors:

Detailed errors:

Connecting to mx6.domain.com.:

smtpSend:smtpOpen: smtp host unknown:'192.168.33.119'

I have no idea where that IP address came from in the bottom of that email. It is obviously not any of my IPs since 192.168.x.x is a local address. I double and triple checked my DNS records from two different networks and machines to ensure that everything was correct - and it is.

Furthermore, when I try and validate the email that was sent to me via mx4, SpamCop says "Headers mangled." I am literally copying the email from my maildir on the HDD of my server and pasting it into spamcop. There are no intermediary relays or "smarthosts" or anything at all.

I'm not really sure what I'm doing wrong. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Archived