Direct Discounts Facebook Page

HayleyRockett

I'm pretty oblivious to scams once I've seen something I like but this seems a little too good to be true, I've had this page on my face book for awhile now and every so often they will update their status selling iPhones, Samsung Galaxies all unlocked for very cheap prices

eg. iPhone 4s $215, iPhone 5 $330

They claim they provide a tracking number with each purchase.

After a certain amount of time they delete their status with the sales, wait a few days and update their status with the same sales once again!

I've tried to do research but in all honesty I just don't know what I am doing and I'd rather not waste my money! :(

If somebody could have a look for me a help me out I would be forever grateful!

I'm pretty oblivious to scams once I've seen something I like but this seems a little too good to be true, I've had this page on my face book for awhile now and every so often they will update their status selling iPhones, Samsung Galaxies all unlocked for very cheap prices

eg. iPhone 4s $215, iPhone 5 $330

They claim they provide a tracking number with each purchase.

After a certain amount of time they delete their status with the sales, wait a few days and update their status with the same sales once again!

I've tried to do research but in all honesty I just don't know what I am doing and I'd rather not waste my money! :(

If somebody could have a look for me a help me out I would be forever grateful!

This forum is for spam email, not alleged scam(s). You sure you are not just advertising here?

This forum is for spam email, not alleged scam(s). You sure you are not just advertising here?

oh that's awkward!! :/ my bad.. when i searched google for a forum about scams it came up with this saying spam/scam! so figured it was both

umm, No i'm not advertising... I actually wanted some help!

thanks anyways

oh that's awkward!! :/ my bad.. when i searched google for a forum about scams it came up with this saying spam/scam! so figured it was both

umm, No i'm not advertising... I actually wanted some help!

thanks anyways

If it's too good to be true it's mainly not

Facebook AD's I find dubious at best

I'm even seeing Australian election AD's to "Click to like Tony Abbott" a Politician

Looking to Whirlpool, wouldn't touch them with a bargepole HayleyR:

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2065294

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2067484

Of course you get lots of whiteants/unscrupulous competitors posting in such (mostly) opinion threads but it seems dodgy to me, especially the ABN and telephone number matters. But conjecture is useless.

WA Consumer Protection (if it actually is West Australian), the Queensland Office of Fair Trading and SCAMwatch (Commonwealth ACCC) might have some evidence-based information for you. Those all deal with the (Commonwealth) Australian Consumer Law of 2011, I think.

There could be breaches of ACMA guidelines and/or associated regulations and telecommunications laws. There could be criminal activity (usually a matter for the various state Police services/forces in the first instance, but Australian Federal Police might be the lead if there are national issues - such as overseas money laundering or organised crime). The commission of crimes under the various state criminal codes is one notable difference between scam and spam.

[rant]Facebook is fundamentally unsafe IMO - it's all about growth, little evidence of responsibility or even care except when caught in the spotlight of adverse publicity. Nothing particularly evil about that - certainly morally deficient but that's corporate-world "normal" - except (I suspect) most users are utterly oblivious of the dangers that can lurk in the "social media" and those media entities know it to be so.[/rant]

Archived