Reporting-parsing problems?

ollioe

I'm having the same issue of my spam in the queue being stuck in a loop as it were.

I started noticing that the spam reports, as I was making them, started looking the same. Followed the above suggestion to look at past reports and they have been reported. They were submitted Submitted: August 21, 2013 2:57:08 AM GMT+07:00 +0700. I know I didn't submit this many and there are still reports to be made. Also I don't know how to see how many are left in my queue to report.

I cleared the issue by canceling the reports I knew were duplicates.

know

As I stated in an earlier post, the problems with looping and permissions has disappeared. :)

So, to the positive feedback:

When I hit the "Report Now", the report page loads nearly instantly.

Before the update, it took 5-10 sec. until the page loaded.

So that's an appreciated improvement! :D

Some more symptoms that may be pertinent:

The spam that was (or was not?) reported is not cleared from my stack, and the held-mail button times out "Cannot connect to imap server."

--rick

I'm seeing the same error, "Cannot connect to imap server." Guess there are some glitches. :(

Hello,

After 5 years of reporting spam, I have today had two submissions rejected with the following message:

Error sending confirmation:smtpSend:smtpEnvelope (spamcop[at]devnull.spamcop.net, x: smtpTo rcpt to:x (550 #5.7.1 Your access to submit messages to this e-mail system has been rejected. )

This is not helpful :(

By whom has it been rejected, and what action do I need to take to restore it? I'm not even sure I've posted this in the appropriate forum - it's the best I could come up with after searching the site.

I report by submitting individual spam emails.

Thanks for advice ... got fresh spam, need to get back to reporting asap.

i am also seeing a

Cannot connect to imap server: Operation timed out

message when i try to access "Held Mail". i am no longer seeing the "Your account was rejected" error when i try to "Report spam", and it appears that the spam that i report is getting reported, but this "Cannot connect to imap server" is worrying me. i usually get a lot more reports via the "Held Mail" than i do through "Report spam" and i haven't been able to report through "Held Mail" for a couple of days now... :(

My experience seems similar to others but I appear to have a message that is completely stuck at the head of my reporting queue and just won't budge.

I click the 'Report now' link, it tells me that the message is 2.1 days old and can't be reported. I then click on the 'Report now' link and exactly the same thing happens (with the exact same source IP and reporting addresses).

I've been through this looping process at least 50 times which is far in excess of the SpamCop 'accepted' e-mails that I've received.

I did report this through the contact form at least 20 hours ago but it still persists.

I have mail queued up behind it so I don't want to 'Remove all reported spam'.

Neil.

Try hitting cancel or worst case "Remove all unreported spam". Cancel worked for me.

My experience seems similar to others but I appear to have a message that is completely stuck at the head of my reporting queue and just won't budge.

I click the 'Report now' link, it tells me that the message is 2.1 days old and can't be reported. I then click on the 'Report now' link and exactly the same thing happens (with the exact same source IP and reporting addresses).

I've been through this looping process at least 50 times which is far in excess of the SpamCop 'accepted' e-mails that I've received.

I did report this through the contact form at least 20 hours ago but it still persists.

I have mail queued up behind it so I don't want to 'Remove all reported spam'.

Neil.

The spamcop.net VER page is back for me, yay!

My appreciation -> developers who worked on it to bring back. It's important because Horde changes all tab views when you change folders; with VER you can have webmail open in one tab and VER open in another. Very happy :D

Try hitting cancel or worst case "Remove all unreported spam". Cancel worked for me.

I don't even get the chance to hit cancel because the message is more than 48 hours old. Even when I did get the chance, it still didn't do anything.

As I mentioned, I don't want to 'Remove all unreported spam' as I have legitimate reports backed up behind this one.

I don't even get the chance to hit cancel because the message is more than 48 hours old. Even when I did get the chance, it still didn't do anything.

As I mentioned, I don't want to 'Remove all unreported spam' as I have legitimate reports backed up behind this one.

Seems like I needed to attempt to report the message that was too old another half a dozen times. It's now gone and I've now cleared the backlog.

What does your "Past reports" show from your member reporting page? Is it only that one pending (not even sure if outstanding ones show up there off-hand)? If so, can you "Cancel outstanding reports"? But ... it sounds like something with which you may need Don's help.

All I could see was that "unreported spam" was waiting for me to submit. My only options are to ignore the message, (re)report the spam, or remove. And removing is a blind process since I don't know what is being removed until it's too late. Giving up on the first 2, I just did the remove... and here's what just got tossed into the bit bucket...

Removed 61 unreported messages

:(

...here's what just got tossed into the bit bucket...
Removed 61 unreported messages

:(

Aaagh ... well, now we know. They would be getting a little old for reporting (even if you knew which ones they might be to re-submit). There will be plenty more ... unfortunately.

Archived