Share: ViaGROW spammer tops 5,000 spams (Infographic)

showker

For the sake of those who would like to inform others, NOT involved with SpamCop or Knujon, about this miserable mess . . .

NOW I'm 22 days into this tracking and we've received 5,500+ spams, reported to SpamCop 366 times, reported to the ISP and Host 126 times. A new spam from this cartel arrives about every 7.5 minutes.

They've now used 9 different target domains -- seems they'll change the domain after I've reported it about 20 times. That must be a threshold somewhere that finally gets the site shut down, so they have to mount a new one.

I sure wish there were some way to automate this -- since it's taking hours and hours and hours of my time trying to get these guys shut down. I've reported the ISP and Registrar to ICANN 16 times, but now we've learned all the ICANN complaint forms and email addresses are all disconnected. So, all that time reporting is for nothing. Three more came in while I was writing this post.

PLEASE SEND THIS ALONG -- PIN or SHARE or TWEET where you can to get the word around :

http://www.ugnn.com/safenetting/ALERTS/via...harma_scam.html

thank you

:-(

I sure wish there were some way to automate this --

thank you

:-(

I am the least technically competent person on here, but typing in the words "automate spam reporting" (without the quotation marks) actually yielded a lot of results related to spamcop. I checked out a couple, one to automate Apple based email and one to automate outlook. You probably have the ability to implement one that works for you.

I feel for your being inundated with the spam and I hope you succeed in at least getting removed form their email database

I've reported the ISP and Registrar to ICANN 16 times, but now we've learned all the ICANN complaint forms and email addresses are all disconnected. So, all that time reporting is for nothing.

If you check with Knujon you will see that the ICANN complaint system is completely dysfunctional. They seem to have no will to enforce even correct entries in the WHOIS database, to say nothing about sites like you are talking about.

• 1 month later...

I am now getting over 200 Spams every day from the Viagrow spammers. So many, indeed, that I have taken to deleting the early morning ones (102 this morning) en-bloc rather than reporting them. It takes about 30 seconds to report a spam, which means it would take getting on for two hours to report all my early morning Spams.

The others that come in during the day in twos and threes I usually do report.

If anyone knows anything else I could do apart from carrying on reporting I would like to know. The Spammers must have a physical presence - even if it's just one man in his bedroom who has managed to hijack thousands of others' computers.

I am now getting over 200 Spams every day

It takes about 30 seconds to report a spam, which means it would take getting on for two hours to report all my early morning Spams.

What method are you using ?

Quick reporting from VER or SC webmail should be as fast as you can click.

What method are you using ?

Quick reporting from VER or SC webmail should be as fast as you can click.

I am copying and pasting the spam details into the "report spam" box. I can't forward the spam as an email attachment since Thunderbird won't do it. I suspect it detects something in the spam message and simply aborts the forwarding.

I don't know what VER or SC webmail are.

I am copying and pasting the spam details into the "report spam" box. I can't forward the spam as an email attachment since Thunderbird won't do it. I suspect it detects something in the spam message and simply aborts the forwarding.

Do you have a SpamCop email account?

If so go here (log-on)

http://webmail.spamcop.net/horde/imp/spamcop/blacklists.php

Check box in

SpamAssassin set it to 5

Check all boxes in

DNS Blacklists:

If no SC email account try Mailwasher which is free

Just put in your

SUPERSECRETfspamForwardingaddress[ at ]spumcop.not

to MailWashers SpamCop box

It forwards email quickly and simply to SpamCop for reporting

Make sure your MAILHOSTS are set-up and working

Just click MAILHOST tab once logged in it straight forward

Suspect mail (spam) forwarding might be blocked by your e-mail service provider or networks, rather than your mail client/programme. This has become quite common. ESPs seem to be quite capable of allowing IN what they subsequently prevent being sent OUT. There are several logical reasons for this but it is bloody annoying. Sometimes they can be "fooled" into letting it all through by sending multiple submissions (two or many different spam as attachments in a single submission, a standard alternative to single e-mail submission) but that is not guaranteed to get around them and is all the more annoying when it fails.

VER is a rapid reporting method available to those with combined SpamCop e-mail and reporting accounts:

http://forum.spamcop.net/scwik/VER

I guess you have a "reporting only" account.

The other rapid reporting facility is "Quick" reporting, available to all reporters:

http://forum.spamcop.net/scwik/QuickReporting

It is an e-mail submission method (just to a forwarding address, set up by arrangement, containing "quick" rather than "submit") but is similarly likely to fail if your regular "full" reporting via e-mail fails.

Thanks everyone.

Obviously my ISP is one that lets spam in buts stops me forwarding it on to SpamCop. What's even more annoying is that it doesn't even tell me it's not sending it - it just cancels the forward and I only know it's not works when the intended recipient tells me.

I only have a Spamcop reporting account so can't take advantage of that suggestion. I might have a go at mailwasher but I suspect I will, in the main, just delete the Spams (over 200 so far today) as I just haven't got the time to forward them all to SpamCop using the only system that seems to work for me.

Are there no authorities that one can report this to? The police, surely, could do something about the problem if they wanted to.

I have tried forwarding some spam by email as multiple attachments. Obviously I have no way of telling whether or not they have reached SpamCop - unless someone reading the forum can tell me how to find out.

I suspect that nothing has gone through. My error consul returns the following message:

Timestamp: 01/12/2013 18:46:00

Warning: Unknown property 'mso-fareast-font-family'. Declaration dropped.

Source File: mailbox:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Richard/Application%20Data/Thunderbird/Profiles/ww0ktbq5.default/Mail/mailhost.pncl.co.uk/Inbox?number=38678797

Line: 0, Column: 40

Source Code:

font-size:11.0pt;mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-fareast-language:EN-GB;mso-no-proof:yes

Does anyone there have the remotest idea what it means? I can tell by the time shown that it is to do with my forwarding.

Thanks everyone.

Obviously my ISP is one that lets spam in buts stops me forwarding it on to SpamCop. What's even more annoying is that it doesn't even tell me it's not sending it - it just cancels the forward and I only know it's not works when the intended recipient tells me.

I only have a Spamcop reporting account so can't take advantage of that suggestion. I might have a go at mailwasher but I suspect I will, in the main, just delete the Spams (over 200 so far today) as I just haven't got the time to forward them all to SpamCop using the only system that seems to work for me.

Are there no authorities that one can report this to? The police, surely, could do something about the problem if they wanted to.

Just get a GMail account and use their servers for forwarding spam to Spamcop reporting

https://support.google.com/mail/troubleshooter/1668960?hl=en

mailwasher you will find the best thing since spam on sliced bread

WARNING do not give Gmail details about you (make a boiler plate text ID for future referance

Google is spyware probably all free email services are.

Were so impressed with Skype Call on my smartphone are clearer than via mobile) I got one of their numbers. Straight away Australian insurance companies start ring me? I found this annoying so canceled SKYPE phone number now "they" have blocked my Skype from making calls.

Hoping Google will come to Australia (not here yet) won't bother with getting a number

Many thanks. I very much appreciate your taking all this trouble to help me.

In fact I have a GMail account which a friend of mine set up for me, but don't use it. I also have a Yahoo account but don't use that either. I wouldn't know how to use GMail's servers; I barely know how to use it to send emails

My trouble is that, as I get older, I find change harder and harder to cope with and prefer to stick with things I know, which do things I understand. Which is why I still use a Psion organiser, even though it is probably 13 years old.

I will have a bash at Mailwasher and see how I get on; I do have a very good friend who keeps my computer working; maybe I'll ask him for help.

Many thanks. I very much appreciate your taking all this trouble to help me.

In fact I have a GMail account which a friend of mine set up for me, but don't use it. I also have a Yahoo account but don't use that either. I wouldn't know how to use GMail's servers; I barely know how to use it to send emails

My trouble is that, as I get older, I find change harder and harder to cope with and prefer to stick with things I know, which do things I understand. Which is why I still use a Psion organiser, even though it is probably 13 years old.

I will have a bash at Mailwasher and see how I get on; I do have a very good friend who keeps my computer working; maybe I'll ask him for help.

Gmail in fact are very good (spam filtering 2nd to none)

My issues are Google electronically read your mail and are good at it

If for example I send a email to my travel agent the ad's change to travel

They gleaned my real DOB off my email and exact address where I live (even letting me click a link to see my house with car in driveway) Never given them real name DOB nothing.

You can send all your email through Gmail

A real bad idea to get a email address your ISP gives

Can't recomend SpamCop Email anymore as it gets more broken with time and "they" seem to have no interest in fixing it. I use it very little other than report spam through it.

Thinking to set-up a "vacation bounce" advising email that gets into my inbox this email address is no longer. please use petzl[at]myGmaildomainname)

My main email is now through Gmail

Well, I don't know how it's happened - but all the Viagrow Spams have stopped, along with many other of the Spams I have been receiving. So either SpamCop's reporting has done the job or my ISP is now intercepting more spam.

But whatever it is, it's really nice to open my inbox and find only around 20 emails, of which only half are spam.

Long may this state of affairs continue

Well, I don't know how it's happened - but all the Viagrow Spams have stopped, along with many other of the Spams I have been receiving. So either SpamCop's reporting has done the job or my ISP is now intercepting more spam.

But whatever it is, it's really nice to open my inbox and find only around 20 emails, of which only half are spam.

Long may this state of affairs continue

Probably a lot of ISP' are blocking port 25 outbound

You would be surprised on how many ISP's don't know this

BLOCK OUTBOUND PORT 25,

RESERVE FOR LEGIT EMAIL SERVER

CHANGE TO SECURE PASSWORD

SCAN INFECTED COMPUTER FOR MALWARE

Archived