Ip 76.74.147.42 blocked for unknown reason

adrian

Hello,

One of our servers has been getting listed for unknown reasons. 3 times in the past 5 days. We have sent severs disputes asking for a reason why this IP is getting blocked but we have not received a reply to our requests.

Is there any way to get more information on why is this server IP getting blocked?

http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?76.74.147.42

The spam traps explanation dosen't give us anything to debug the problem since these spam traps addresses cannot be made public. It would be helpful if we can get the actual email sent to the traps or subjects or from address.

Hi, adrian,

...Sorry to hear of your problem and thank you for taking the problem seriously enough to come here to follow-up on your earlier attempt to send disputes.

...The only ones who can help you with SpamTrap hits are the SpamCop Deputies. Please contact them via e-mail, including the IP address(es) being listed and evidence that you have administrative responsibility for the IP address(es), at deputies[at]admin.spamcop.net. Please be a little patient as they are busy and it may take them a day or two (or three) to reply. Please be aware that they will not be able to provide you with a lot of detail but hopefully enough for you to find the problem.

...Good luck!

Thank you for your reply, but I have checked this forum and I see that there are other people having the same problem as me and they have been helped by a SpamCop Admin that has provided them with at least some parts of the original message that hit the traps.

...True, but they may have had to wait for even longer than they would have had they contacted the SpamCop Deputies' e-mail box. Don (SpamCop Admin) also monitors the SpamCop Deputies e-mail box regularly but drops by here less frequently (or that is the sense I get from what he and others have written in these Forums). An alternative I just (re-)discovered is the Contact Form.

...Another good resource I found in researching for this reply: SpamCop FAQ: Help for abuse-desks and administrators, section entitled "Assistance stopping spam."

Archived