kimono.tabdietfat.at

For some reason, SpamCop can't resolve the above website to an IP address. On my Windows machine I was able to do an NSLOOKUP and came up with 91.204.162.83, which RIPE says belongs to ATM.COM.PL or ATMAN.PL. The abuse contacts for this domain are:

abuse[at]atman.pl (for atm.com.pl)

noc[at]atm.com.pl (for atm.com.pl)

Edit: Just parsed another spam with a slightly different website, NOSE.tabdietfat.at, which is in the same netblock.

Tracking URL: http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z5619698230za...70143160febd8cz

The website, kimono.tabdietfat.at is unresolveable by Spamcop. However, when I pull up a DOS prompt and do an nslookup, it comes up as 91.204.162.83, so it obviously is a valid address. I even refreshed my browser window to see if SpamCop was just getting a momentary hiccup, but that didn't help.

FWIW, I just parsed another spam that has a slightly different web address on the same domain. The new site is nose.tabdietfat.at, and resolves to the same netblock, but a different IP.

...Do you have any objection to my merging this post into your other one in the Routing / Report Address Issues Forum which appears to be exactly the same issue, kimono.tabdietfat.at? I don't see much advantage in having two and it could confuse people, especially people who want to follow up on it.

Go right ahead. Wasn't sure the best place to put it, so I put it in both.

...Thanks, done! IMHO, this seems the (slightly) better choice, although the "SpamCop Reporting Help" Forum, where you placed the other post ("Spamcop can't resolve web address"), would have been perfectly good, too.

Well, there were two issues -- first SpamCop couldn't resolve the web address, and when it could, it couldn't find a reporting address. :)

Archived