Getting started

Sharonie2

Sorry, but I cant seem to follow the instructions!

When I add an email address to the box in spamcop, does someone do something with it or do I have to do something else?

I did forward spam to special email address but they all failed for some reason - what am I doing wrong?

I don't know if I'm wasting my time - is anyone doing anything with the spam I'm reporting?

Enough time is spent checking through spam for real messages and deleting the spam without spending hours trying to figure out how to report them - an quick and easy method would be great.

Hi, Sharon,

...Welcome!

...My suggestion would be to start at the SpamCop FAQ, links to which appear near the top left of each SpamCop Forum page, especially the articles in the section labeled "SpamCop Parsing and Reporting Service." Do follow up here with any questions you have about the FAQ articles. I would also recommend the SCWiki article "SpamCop Top Ten Questions."

• 2 months later...

Sorry, but I cant seem to follow the instructions!

When I add an email address to the box in spamcop, does someone do something with it or do I have to do something else?

I did forward spam to special email address but they all failed for some reason - what am I doing wrong?

I don't know if I'm wasting my time - is anyone doing anything with the spam I'm reporting?

Enough time is spent checking through spam for real messages and deleting the spam without spending hours trying to figure out how to report them - an quick and easy method would be great.

This will do for starters (Quick start guide)

Assuming you have a SpamCop (SC) Account and wish to report a spam,

first you need to log on to SC then click the "mailhost" TAB

Just put in the email addresses in "ADD MAILHOST" that you will be reporting spam from

SC will send a number of confirmation emails to those address

(depending on the number of mailhosts each address uses)

Just click the link in each email (stops you reporting yourself)

once done learn how to get plain text headers from spam (Thunderbird it's hit "CTRL & U" copy and past to

"REPORT spam" on your SC account

once it seems to be working you can use your SUPER SECRET SC email reporting address

"Forward your spam to:" ****[at]****

learn to send spam "as an attachment" with your email client

You are then away

A freeware Windows program called MailWasher makes this even easier

Archived