YB's Non-answers

yourbuddy

Yes, ipo ...

SpamCop works on a typical "cop" and "USA" mentality:

"If you have nothing to hide, then you won't mind us entering

your house and searching", except they don't do the dirty work

themselves - but pretend to be an "authority" for ISP's to use.

Of course, you can't "win" an argument here about that,

as it's like throwing rocks at a hornet's nest. However, if you

are willing to take the nonsense from the spam vigelantes then

you can state your point of view - which they will not agree to.

After SpamCop (and other DNSbl's) have all ceased - as

they are such a bother (in the case of SpamCop) or have just

finished blacklisting the whole world (in the case of many others)

then a "real solution" may be found to the "real spam" problem.

It will be technical, not DNSbl's or Laws.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem is that as you keep rambbling and throwing poisonous insults left and righ in a broken English, which is often misunderstood, you have yet not stated a point of view...

You are also ignoring tha fact that this a place where people come to seek help on how to use spamcop. Your rantings add nothing constructive to what is done here.

Again, if you have a groudge with SpamCop this is not the right place to vent your frustrations. Take it up with your ISP and ask them not to use SCBL or to stop generating spam so they dont end up being reported.

Several people have suggested politely and repetedly that you have the freedom to change your ISP, as we too have the freedom to use SpamCop resources to fight spam. If you don't like it, tough luck... Take it or leave it... You are becoming very tiresome..

Yes, ipo ...

SpamCop works on a typical "cop" and "USA" mentality:

"If you have nothing to hide, then you won't mind us entering

your house and searching", except they don't do the dirty work

themselves - but pretend to be an "authority" for ISP's to use.

Of course, you can't "win" an argument here about that,

as it's like throwing rocks at a hornet's nest. However, if you

are willing to take the nonsense from the spam vigelantes then

After SpamCop (and other DNSbl's) have all ceased - as

they are such a bother (in the case of SpamCop) or have just

finished blacklisting the whole world (in the case of many others)

then a "real solution" may be found to the "real spam" problem.

It will be technical, not DNSbl's or Laws.

Please excuse 'yourbuddy" he is the resident troll/kook.

According to the definition of your project then you surely have no need of running an email server on a dialup. You could use your ISP's server, you need not run one to receive email. There is nothing in your definition for a need to run your own server.

The problem is that as you keep rambbling and throwing poisonous insults left and righ in a broken English, which is often misunderstood, you have yet not stated a point of view...

You are also ignoring tha fact that this a place where people come to seek help on how to use spamcop. Your rantings add nothing constructive to what is done here.

Again, if you have a groudge with SpamCop this is not the right place to vent your frustrations. Take it up with your ISP and ask them not to use SCBL or to stop generating spam so they dont end up being reported.

Several people have suggested politely and repetedly that you have the freedom to change your ISP, as we too have the freedom to use SpamCop resources to fight spam. If you don't like it, tough luck... Take it or leave it... You are becoming very tiresome..

Were you on something when you wrote this? Look at all your

spelling and grammar mistakes - "a broken English", for sure.

Anyway, you don't even speak English, you speak American and a

fairly poor version of it, that apparently prevents coherent expression.

If you (like other SpamCopers) define "spam" as "anything you don't

want to receive", then you're a bit overboard - and likely delusional.

I am "stating a point of view" that you and other SpamCopers try to

ignore while trying to sell your "service". I'm pleased you don't like it.

am here to state facts that you (and other SpamCopers) conveniently

ignore while trying to sell your "service".

If there were more actual facts offered, solutions may be available. And just a small reminder, use of the reporting tool, the DNSbl, and other services of the SpamCop tool set are made available at no cost to a hell of a lot of people, so not quite sure of the "sell your'service'" standpoint.

am here to state facts that you (and other SpamCopers) conveniently

ignore while trying to sell your "service".

If there were more actual facts offered, solutions may be available. And just a small reminder, use of the reporting tool, the DNSbl, and other services of the SpamCop tool set are made available at no cost to a hell of a lot of people, so not quite sure of the "sell your'service'" standpoint.

SpamCop makes no money, from any source?

It's all because Julian dislikes spam? Don't be absurd.

Unfortunately, you're one of the "misguided zombies".

I've got no idea why you continue to spend your time playing word games.

I started as a free user many years back, I've seen both the spam side of things grow, and watched as Julian worked to match the pace. On the other hand, I'm not sure when the last time I actually used the reporting tool, other then checking other user's issues with their submittals and results, and time here is simply a volunteer effort on my part to assist others ... As stated in another post under another Topic, I've not done your name calling crap, and I fail to understand why you seem to flit from being helpful to some and just absurdly obnoxious to others. Thus far, censorship hasn't been an issue, but this kind of continuing off-topic rant crap is really getting old. (and off-topic even in the lounge is really a strange call, but comparing your "input" with your own words" just stating facts" .. yet not quite getting around to actually stating any facts ...???)

I've got no idea why you continue to spend your time playing word games.

I started as a free user many years back, I've seen both the spam side of things grow, and watched as Julian worked to match the pace. On the other hand, I'm not sure when the last time I actually used the reporting tool, other then checking other user's issues with their submittals and results, and time here is simply a volunteer effort on my part to assist others ... As stated in another post under another Topic, I've not done your name calling crap, and I fail to understand why you seem to flit from being helpful to some and just absurdly obnoxious to others. Thus far, censorship hasn't been an issue, but this kind of continuing off-topic rant crap is really getting old.

Ok, so you just want to kick it aside as "word games", after

you went on about "free". You are selling a "service" based on

a business model that is poorly conceived and executed.

Please see quote:

SpamCop sold

Seattle-based SpamCop, a Web-based spam blocking service, has been bought by e-mail infrastructure company IronPort Systems of San Bruno, Calif. Financial terms of the acquisition were not disclosed. Both companies are privately held.

Julian Haight, SpamCop's founder, will continue to operate his portion of the business after the acquisition, and IronPort infrastructure will be integrated into the SpamCop Web site.

IronPort bought SpamCop in part for its hundreds of thousands of users, said Patrick Peterson, IronPort's general manager of information services.

© 2003 American City Business Journals Inc.

Note:

"IronPort infrastructure will be integrated into the SpamCop Web site" and

"IronPort bought SpamCop in part for its hundreds of thousands of users"

Sounds like the "users" are going to be "used" for something!!

The point is, all your ranting and raving and citing your opinions has absolutley nothing to do with the original poster's question. If you were going to spout facts, might I ask what happened to your story that you were allegedly wrongly blocked, but research was done and the alleged wrongful block was removed? That may have actually been applicable to this user, this Topic, even this discussion .... Noting that, just as in your recitation of "your story", this poster has yet to identify any specific data that would help solve his/her issue is he/she was under the same wrongful blocking, for instance ...

Once again, you've me trying to sort out how to split this Topic up ... leaving the questions/answers in place and splitting off all this "other" stuff that pertains not one whit to the original posters issues.

Thus far, censorship hasn't been an issue, but this kind of continuing off-topic rant crap is really getting old. (and off-topic even in the lounge is really a strange call, but comparing your "input" with your own words" just stating facts" .. yet not quite getting around to actually stating any facts ...???)

Since he has no yet stated any facts perhaps censorship should be used in his case!

Do we really need a troll in this forum?

SpamCop Sold

Seattle-based SpamCop, a Web-based spam blocking service, has been bought by e-mail infrastructure company IronPort Systems of San Bruno, Calif. Financial terms of the acquisition were not disclosed. Both companies are privately held.

Julian Haight, SpamCop's founder, will continue to operate his portion of the business after the acquisition, and IronPort infrastructure will be integrated into the SpamCop Web site.

IronPort bought SpamCop in part for its hundreds of thousands of users, said Patrick Peterson, IronPort's general manager of information services.

© 2003 American City Business Journals Inc.

Note:

"IronPort infrastructure will be integrated into the SpamCop Web site" and

"IronPort bought SpamCop in part for its hundreds of thousands of users"

Sounds like the "users" are going to be "used" for something!!

Obviously, it's SpamCop "users" that don't have the information

as to how they are being "used".

Obviously, it's SpamCop "users" that don't have the information

Obviously you are once again re-iterating your lack of logic, if we chose to defend against spam it is our choice. And yes, we simply use SpamCop for that purpuse. :D

To make it plain, we are the users and you are an ab-user. ;)

violin?

:P

Our primary function is corporate benefit consulting.

We advise employers on employee benefit programs.

Geez I hope you're not working with my company on our benefits. I'd hate to see us doing business with someone because someone in HR got a neat-0 e-mail.

I'd rather just apply the SBL using common sense, filtering out e-mail marked as spam to go through at a later time instead of deleting it. It's still a waste of bandwidth, but I have a lower chance of losing an e-mail.

Thus far, censorship hasn't been an issue, but this kind of continuing off-topic rant crap is really getting old. (and off-topic even in the lounge is really a strange call, but comparing your "input" with your own words" just stating facts" .. yet not quite getting around to actually stating any facts ...???)

Since he has no yet stated any facts perhaps censorship should be used in his case!

Do we really need a troll in this forum?

I have been stating many facts, but I have not provided the

IP address of my ISP (that's right) - why would anyone want

to provide private and confidential information to an obvious

fanatic (perhaps paranoid and delusional) like dra007, who

seems now at his wits end (it must have been a short trip).

Go ahead, ignore facts - it just makes you more ignorant.

All you "users" were sold by Julian to IronPort.

Our primary function is corporate benefit consulting.

We advise employers on employee benefit programs.

Geez I hope you're not working with my company on our benefits. I'd hate to see us doing business with someone because someone in HR got a neat-0 e-mail.

I'd rather just apply the SBL using common sense, filtering out e-mail marked as spam to go through at a later time instead of deleting it. It's still a waste of bandwidth, but I have a lower chance of losing an e-mail.

Obviously, you didn't read the whole thing.

Is your attention span too short for that, and you

missed the parts in red for people like yourself.

I'd rather just apply the SBL using common sense

With his (or her) kind of business you can only hope that SCBL will keep him (or her) out of business...

Your insults are a lot like noise from the village idiot.

What business are you in? What education do you have?

You've been silent on anything that makes you anything,

but keep stating some clownish nonsense to entertain.

I have been stating
<<ad noseum>>trollisms ...and only trollisms..

yes, you have, question is when are you going to stop being a taunted troll?

It's ok dra007, take another drink or calm down with whatever

is was that you were on yesterday. Ignorance is bliss, and how

you got there is your business - but should you be out in public.

Archived