Email Blocked, but I not listed

jp1981

Hi

we are getting a bounce back messages from recipients mail server. They all claim that our IP's are listed in the spamcop list, yet, they are not listed, or each time we do a lookup they are not listed.

Please could someone share some light on this..

Thanks

Diagnostic-Code: smtp;554 5.7.1 Service unavailable; Client host [91.121.62.191] blocked using bl.spamcop.net

IP:

Hi

we are getting a bounce back messages from recipients mail server. They all claim that our IP's are listed in the spamcop list, yet, they are not listed, or each time we do a lookup they are not listed.

Please could someone share some light on this..

Thanks

Diagnostic-Code: smtp;554 5.7.1 Service unavailable; Client host [91.121.62.191] blocked using bl.spamcop.net

IP:

I can try.

That IP is not on the SpamCop list and there are no reports from users of spam from that IP in the last 90 days.

Two possible scenarios:

1. That IP is hitting spamtraps occassionally and getting briefly listed then de-listed. The list is VERY dynamic - quick to list and equally quick to de-list. Only the admins can tell you this, try emailing them.
  2. The receiving server is using a 'one-size-fits-all' rejection notice that cites SpamCop when another list is the real reason

Both of these things are quite common.

However, I note from SenderBase that the volume of traffic from that IP is up and down like a whore's drawers recently which MIGHT (only might) indicate a compromised customer.

Sorry I can't be of more help

>- Client host [91.121.62.191] blocked using bl.spamcop.net

91.121.62.191 = mta1.dvhpro.co.za is not currently on our list. It has been going on and off our list for a couple of weeks because it has been sending mail to our spamtraps.

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

- Service[at]Admin.SpamCop.net -

91.121.62.191 = mta1.dvhpro.co.za is not currently on our list. It has been going on and off our list for a couple of weeks because it has been sending mail to our spamtraps.

Thanks Don. Possibilty 1 then :)

Thanks guys.

[at]SpamCopAdmin

Is there anyway you could PM me from which email address the spam originated from so I can investigate on my side. When I look at the mail logs of the server, I don't see any abnormal activity.

Or perhaps send me a timestamp of when such an email hit a spamtrap, so I can have a closer look.

The system is being used by a conveyancing firm and they do have an app locally that relays mail through our server, where I think the spam could originate from.

For your assistance I thank you in advance.

Hi, jp1981,

...Don (SpamCopAdmin) reportedly does not communicate via PM.

...Limited information about spam trap hits may be available from Don via his e-mail address, which appears at the end of his post, or by writing to the SpamCop deputies at deputies[at]admin.spamcop.net (if I understand correctly, Don also monitors that address, as do others). I am not sure of the exact requirements but I understand that you may have to demonstrate that you are the admin responsible for the IP address in question. If you are not the admin, you may ask an admin to send the inquiry to the Deputies or Don.

...Good luck!

Hi, jp1981,

...Don (SpamCopAdmin) reportedly does not communicate via PM.

...Limited information about spam trap hits may be available from Don via his e-mail address, which appears at the end of his post, or by writing to the SpamCop deputies at deputies[at]admin.spamcop.net (if I understand correctly, Don also monitors that address, as do others). I am not sure of the exact requirements but I understand that you may have to demonstrate that you are the admin responsible for the IP address in question. If you are not the admin, you may ask an admin to send the inquiry to the Deputies or Don.

...Good luck!

Thanks. I have emailed him.

Archived