blocked using bl.spamcop.net, but not listed

krzysztof.b

Hi

December 10 our server mta got the list bl.spamcop.net. The next day, has been removed. However, to this day, some mail servers reject messages with below info:

said: 554 5.7.1 Service unavailable; Client host [212.51.208.168] blocked using bl.spamcop.net

or

refused to talk to me: 553 Your IP address is 212.51.208.168 blackholed by bl.spamcop.net

I know this is not a problem with spamcop, only respective servers. How can I fix the current situation? Do the information about removes server from blacklist has not yet reached all servers? How much time it can take?

Sorry for my English. Thanks for response.

<snip>

I know this is not a problem with spamcop, only respective servers. How can I fix the current situation? Do the information about removes server from blacklist has not yet reached all servers? How much time it can take?

<snip>

...Thank you for understanding! I do not know the answer to your question about how long it takes for updates to the blacklist to propagate. If the problem persists for more than about 12 hours after delisting occurs, if I were you I would directly contact the admins of the providers that are blocking. You may also want to point them to the first bullet item in SpamCop FAQ article "What is the SpamCop Blocking List (SCBL)?"
The SCBL is an aggressive spam-fighting tool. By using this list, you can block a lot of spam, but you also may block or filter wanted email. Because of this limitation, one should strongly consider using the SCBL as part of a scoring system and explicitly whitelist wanted email senders (e.g., mailing lists and other IPs from which you want to receive email).
...Also please note SpamCop topic DNS not updating? which may be related to, or even the cause of, your problem.

Archived